Losing weight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groomgirlxx

Reaction score
OK so before I was pregnant I was a size 14/16 and went up 3 dress sizes during the pregnancy. My little boy is now 16months and I'm still a size 22. I hate it and just wanted some tips on losing the weight, I've been wanting to try slimming world but just don't have the money to go every week atm.

I would recommend looking into a low carb diet. I went low carb 3 years ago and lost 6 and 1/2 stone in a year and have kept it off since xx I

I'd do weight watchers overly slimming world, slimming worlds good but there's no portion control where with weight watchers there is

I know that as a guy, weightloss tactics differ for us, but I would recommend eating more fruits, veggies, drinking green tea, water with lemon, and doing a lot of walking. Simple things like this can have the biggest effects.

I love the 5:2 way of eating. I don't call it a diet as I don't do well on those! I started on the 5:2 at a size 12 I'm now an 8/10 depending where I shop! There are great support groups on Facebook. Even better its costs nothing. I've now maintained my weight with in 7lb for a couple years. X

I love the 5:2 way of eating. I don't call it a diet as I don't do well on those! I started on the 5:2 at a size 12 I'm now an 8/10 depending where I shop! There are great support groups on Facebook. Even better its costs nothing. I've now maintained my weight with in 7lb for a couple years. X

My sister does this too.

May I ask, what sort of things do you eat on the days you are limiting your intake?

I drink lots of water, lemon tea maybe a can of Diet Coke during the day. Sounds hard but when I have a busy day in salon it's surprising how fast the day goes and before you know it it's 5pm!!! For dinner I will have a massive plate of steamed veggies with gravy. Sometimes salmon fillet with a ton of salad. It's surprising how much you can eat if you choose wisely. When I started this WOE (way of eating) I felt cold on fast days but I'm used to it now. Hunger comes in waves and a glass of water normally helps. My skin is clearer and I feel so much healthier. The FB page really helps and is a big support on tough days. Look it up online there are lots of health benefits as well.
Good luck. X

My doctor has put me on the dreaded orlistat
Evil stuff pure evil lol

Had to google that coco

[emoji15]

I googled Orlistat as well!!!
Does not sound good [emoji20]

Honestly just watching what you're eating and portion sizes will help. No need to spend money when you can get free help.

My favorite has been the my fitness pal app. I started this two weeks ago and I have lost 5 lbs so far. I'm very happy with the scale going down and it's making me make more health conscious decisions. It's super easy to use too!

Honestly just watching what you're eating and portion sizes will help. No need to spend money when you can get free help.

My favorite has been the my fitness pal app. I started this two weeks ago and I have lost 5 lbs so far. I'm very happy with the scale going down and it's making me make more health conscious decisions. It's super easy to use too!
Yes I use my fitness pal along side 5:2 works well for me. Keeps me accountable.

Yes I'm forever by the loo now
I've lost half a stone tho! Lol

Thanks everyone I'll be downloading my fitness pal and might try the 5:2 diet. I've borrowed the slimming world books from my friend whos lost a lot of weight through them but it all sounds very confusing

What does orlistat do?

Basically stops fat absorbing by eliminating it from your back passage
You take one with your meal so anything you eat must either contain no fats or ele's you'll suffer which is good in a way cos it mentally stops you reaching out for anything fattening

I've gained 6 stone in 10 months [emoji30]

Basically stops fat absorbing by eliminating it from your back passage
You take one with your meal so anything you eat must either contain no fats or ele's you'll suffer which is good in a way cos it mentally stops you reaching out for anything fattening
I guess in a good way it's teaching you what has fat and what doesn't lol. Doesn't sound like much fun though haha

Lol it's just the cherry on the top at making you feel great lol lol lol

I'm fine with fats (good ones) it's the carbs that make me bloat like a wilderbeast

Latest posts

Back