Lost my NSS convert back to NSS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
Well title says it all really, totally gutted!,

I'd converted her over and I use Brisa gel. I explained the differences and we worked together to get her used to them, she agreed to go shorter to avoid breakages in the beginning and when she got the breakages I didn't charge full whack and I'm not a nail art person but she usually got all sorts of patterns done so I started getting braver and doing more designs and she got less breakages (she was used to cast iron non budge nails she would have rebalanced every 5 weeks and they used electric file so were quick too and could change design at drop of a hat)

Anyway she was due rebalance 10 days ago but she couldn't make appointment and I was going on holiday the next day, she said her nails look fine and she can wait. I returned yesterday and got text today saying 4 had broken while I was away so she had to get them done at the old place and she's sorry but won't need appointment and although she says they look nasty and fake they last her longer and so are better for her lifestyle :Scared:

I'm gutted!, peeps I thought I had done it and what makes it worse is I could see the nail growing through great where I had been applying the Brisa, it wasn't all red!!,

Trying not to take the knock personally but I really thought I had also got a regular returning client!, most are natural nails shellac and those that want enhancements are one-set wonders for parties and holidays or if regular want the £10 cheap set down the rd. feeling a bit down!!,

Hubby said she will be back but I'm not so sure

:Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:

Well title says it all really, totally gutted!,

I'd converted her over and I use Brisa gel. I explained the differences and we worked together to get her used to them, she agreed to go shorter to avoid breakages in the beginning and when she got the breakages I didn't charge full whack and I'm not a nail art person but she usually got all sorts of patterns done so I started getting braver and doing more designs and she got less breakages (she was used to cast iron non budge nails she would have rebalanced every 5 weeks and they used electric file so were quick too and could change design at drop of a hat)

Anyway she was due rebalance 10 days ago but she couldn't make appointment and I was going on holiday the next day, she said her nails look fine and she can wait. I returned yesterday and got text today saying 4 had broken while I was away so she had to get them done at the old place and she's sorry but won't need appointment and although she says they look nasty and fake they last her longer and so are better for her lifestyle :Scared:

I'm gutted!, peeps I thought I had done it and what makes it worse is I could see the nail growing through great where I had been applying the Brisa, it wasn't all red!!,

Trying not to take the knock personally but I really thought I had also got a regular returning client!, most are natural nails shellac and those that want enhancements are one-set wonders for parties and holidays or if regular want the £10 cheap set down the rd. feeling a bit down!!,

Hubby said she will be back but I'm not so sure

:Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:

Elle that must feel awful for you, but some people, however hard you try just won't listen!

Take comfort in that you did your duty as a professional therapist and did nothing wrong.

Michelle

It's the same as a facial client who insist on using soap and water and/or baby wipes....Some people want to learn and stick with it whilst others just won't budge.

You did well in educating someone of what a healthy set of enhancements is all about and that's what is important. If she chooses not to follow your advice, at least she's doing so in an informed way and there are plenty of other clients who will appreciate and follow your advice.

she will be back as she will keep looking at them and thinking they look horrible and want yours back! so dont worry, we cant please everyone all the time xx

I have had exactly the same thing happen and mine was a friend too! Please don't take it personally, I know how hard it is not to, but some people just won't be told! You like I need to toughen up and be proud of the service we provide, no more doing it cheaper! You are a trained tech icon and justified in charging the price you ask , clients who don't want to pay don't come simple!

oh thats awful. I cant understand some people's logic though, she wants nails that look awful because they last longer? Why would anyone want nails that they cant stand to look at?

I think she'll be back too when she gets fed up of cheap looking nails. :hug:

Thanks everyone! :hug: I just feel that in was so nearly there, the rubbish nails would have grown out and she would have got longer out of her brisa's. I think it comes down to money as although I was same as NSS for sets and fills she needed rebalancing more often with mine to maintain them

E x

As the phrase goes honey... You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

You've done all that you can lovey, you've advised her, been a true professional, but she still insists on returning to the chop shop. Read her text back lovey, as i understand it i honestly don't think you can do anything more for her, but its no reflection on you or your work.

Move on lovey, there will be others who you will help and the buzz from that will make you realise some people won't let you help no matter how much time and effort you put in, but others will and love you for it.

I had a lady a few weeks back who wanted her enhancements (which she'd worn for the last 2 years) removed and shellac applied. We removed the enhancements and i advised her we may need to reinforce her nails with an acrylic overlay then shellac over the top. In actual fact she had nice strong nails underneath apart from the rings of fire in her natural nails. Between us we've come up with almost like a prescriptive manicure for her, once the rings of fire reach the free edge im sure she'll have some breakages but we're ready to tackle that as they grow out. Shes a regular of mine now, loves her nails and is in this for the long haul with me. Yesterday she said its so nice that her nails don't hurt! I explained a good tech wouldnt hurt and damage your nails and she said she was happy someone had actually sat down with her an educated her. My point after that long winded reply? There will be others that will work with you, understand and appreciate you as a professional.

Chin up lovey x x x

Thank you Hun, still gutted as thought I'd cracked her
(thought it was a miracle she booked me and came back in the first place) And she was my nail art guinea pig as she just let me do what I wanted!

E x

(also first time round I mis-read her text and thought shed gone back there just as a quick fix and put " no worries, let me know when and I'll sort them out" I'm now laughing cos it looks like I expect her to not like them and come back to me eventually lol! )

Thank you Hun, still gutted as thought I'd cracked her
(thought it was a miracle she booked me and came back in the first place) And she was my nail art guinea pig as she just let me do what I wanted!

E x

(also first time round I mis-read her text and thought shed gone back there just as a quick fix and put " no worries, let me know when and I'll sort them out" I'm now laughing cos it looks like I expect her to not like them and come back to me eventually lol! )
hun she will be back but just charge her double when she comes back:lick:

You shouldnt feel bad. This client is silly enough to return to having cheap nasty fake looking nails and damaged nail plates, KNOWINGLY!!

She is totally aware of what they are doing and doesn't care enough to have her nails rebalanced regularly and looking nice with quality products.

If she isnt willing to look after herself, there is nothing more to do than wait to see if she gets her common sense back sometime :D Chin up xxxxx

I had a friend comment on a set of nail art I had done on my Facebook page, she said she needs acrylics put on and how much do I charge, so I told her £35 but as she's a friend I've had for a while I text her and said that I'm switching systems and was going to try it out this week if she wanted I could do them for £20 (as she is sort if doing me a favour too) she text me back saying 'is the stuff you use as good as the Xxxx nail shops?' (there's a lot of NSS salons here mainly run by Xxxx people (but that's beside the point I just meant she was asking if the stuff I use is as good as the NSS salons!!) lol x

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldnt feel bad. This client is silly enough to return to having cheap nasty fake looking nails and damaged nail plates, KNOWINGLY!!

She is totally aware of what they are doing and doesn't care enough to have her nails rebalanced regularly and looking nice with quality products.

If she isnt willing to look after herself, there is nothing more to do than wait to see if she gets her common sense back sometime :D Chin up xxxxx

Thing is because she permanently has nails on she doesn't care what's happening underneath grrrrr! Oh well I will keep chin up and keep on practicing my nail art!

E x

Latest posts

Back