Lost taste?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpink2008

Reaction score
So I know a lot of people have been ill over the festive season and I was lucky to escape with a minor cold, however since last Wednesday I've not been able to hear properly and my sense if taste is shot, everything tastes awful :( have any geeks had this before? I've had the hearing loss before after a cold but never problems with my taste.
I'm in the process of swooping doctors after moving and don't want to waste an appointment when I'm not ill, I just can't taste and its driving me mad!

My husband had a cold in Sept and still can't taste properly!

A friend of mine is an acupuncturist and had two cases like this (although from memory it had gone on for years not months). He had real success with one but not the other. Might be worth a try?

I would imagine that your sinuses are a bit blocked up along with the Eustachian tubes. Smell and taste go hand in hand so once your smell returns your taste should be back to normal.
I had a severe head injury years ago and I lost my sense of smell and taste for nearly 3 years. Best diet EVER, Lost loads of weight because I just ate to keep alive, not because I loved food anymore.No need for willpower when you cant taste the yummy stuff. LOL
Fingers crossed that you will be back to normal in no time

Latest posts

Back