Lots of different questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyMisfit

Reaction score
hi I'm new on this, i have read through a few threads but it all got a bit overwhelming with information.
I completed my nail course in acrylic and gel extensions, manicures and simple nail art in December and at the end of january (2012) i have moved into a salon and have my own nail studio.

I have a few different questions hopefully i will get a range of views and experience

Thank you all in advance

1. how to stop gels from lifting - i have found many reasons for it and follow prep, de shining rules but still have a few problems any tips

2. extending my nail art knowledge - i currently have a double award winning teacher but need a bit more, if any one has any pics of simple nail art or advice to give me inspiration it would be much appreciated

3. is it a good idea to get into doing children's nails?

4. best acrylic and gel to use (currently using edge gel and star acrylic)

any other tips would be much appreciated

Welcome to salon geek.

Lifting can be coursed by many things not getting rid of all the non living tissue off the nail plate if you are using a cuticle remover are you making sure you are removing all of it.If you are not using cuticle remover I would look into using it it's fabulous go on you tune and search fingernailfixer removing cuticle it's a great tutorial and honestly I thought I was removing all cuticle and I really wasn't at all.

The products you ate using are low end of the scale products and alot of people on here have posted about them and have had similar problems because of the product.

Nail art

Water marbling
One stroke using acrylic paints
Marbeling using gel
Colour fades using colour acrylic or glitter acrylic
Colour fades using gels colour or glitter
Konad stamping
Crystal nail art
Crushed shells
Filmo nail art
Stilleto nail art
Hand paint nail art or animals,fruit
News paper nail art
Flowers made out if acrylic

You tube all of the above and watch the tutorials and on here go into pictures and albums and look through peoples nail art there are lots and lots on her.also look at the groups there will be lots on there to.

You say childrens nails what would you be using obviously using gel would be inapropriot using a polish would be ok but to be honest trying to get a child to sit still whilst you practice nail art is a bit of a mission lol and it never stays on long enough.

Use some cheep tips to practice on and friends and family.You would get a better result.

I use NSI acrylic and gel,orly gel fx for my gel polish and O.P.I and Sparitual for my regular polish..I shal be investing in CND polish and acrylic and gel very soon.

Hope this helps you x

Loads of great advice there from Colleen.

I was also going to say go to Youtube and look up Fingernailfixer...she is a geek and is incredible with nail art.

Search for nail art in the search bar on here and you will find plenty of threads about it. Try putting in one search at a time and look up all the nail art types that Colleen listed.

I'm a natural nail and Shellac geek, so i can't offer any input towards your other questions.

Welcome to Salon Geek xx

Latest posts

Back