Lots of questions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarrieW

Reaction score
OK, here goes...

Is it possible to buy Fabric sample kits? Do you need to go on a training day to buy them? I don't really want to fork out for the whole shebang only to find I don't like the product (although I doubt it!). If poss, where can I get them?

Somebody on here mentioned 'More than white' acrylic paint - could I use this with Star nails gel? Again, where can I get it from?

I have a lady who has gel overlays on her natural nails, yet it always always chips. I spend ages dehydrating and sanitising nail, apply primer to nail and slightly over free edge, follow manufacturers instructions on gel application, apply gel slightly over to allow for shrinking on free edge, cure for the correct time - yet it still chips. Any ideas?

Does a gel exist that is good for doing pink and whites? I have a client that bites quite badly, and never keeps appointments, so I always have to put at least 1 new nail on when she comes in, and it looks gross cos her nail underneath is so short - I know there is a creative powder that is good for hiding flawed nails underneath, but is there a gel equivalent?

Also, any suggestions on how to get a perfect smile line with polish? I am absolutely useless :cry: and it's not for want of trying or practice - I'm confident in my tip application technique (but still want to learn more!) but when it comes to painting french I go to pieces. Just can't seem to get the hang of it. Also, what do you do when doing a manicure on natural nails with not much free edge? I seem to end up with it all over fingers!

I'm moving to Spain in march/april and I want to improve so much before I go, but really hitting a brick wall and getting disheartened. My local colleges have no courses short enough to do before I leave, and Star Nails (who I trained with) are completely unhelpful.

Sorry to go on so long!

All advice hugely appreciated!

xx

blimey so many questions lol!!! Can't answer them all but hope I can help with a couple.

I hate French manicures with a vengeance that I won't do them, I won't do anything unless I enjoy it (ooh that sounds rude lol!). I know I am a wimp and I should persevere, but if I don't get perfect smile lines I have to take it all off and start again and it takes me ages and I look really unprofessional. I'm sorry I've been about as useful as a chocolate teapot!!

LCN do a one component resin in pastel which disguises most blemishes on the natural nail. It's a one phase gel and is self levelling and pretty durable. Let me know if you need more info. So hope this reply helps more than the one above!

Thanks so much for the quick reply - do you mind if I ask how you get the french look for your clients? Or do they never ask for it, cos all of mine want it! Whats your view on white tips? I bought them but have never used them - scared what will happen when it comes to backfilling!

Ah, now French using gel is another thing. I apply LCN's Fm finish in white ( looks a bit like tippex) with a spot swirl tool - I draw a line to create the smile and then colour in the rest. It is applied after the sculpting gel and before the sealant gloss layer. It gets removed at each infill/ rebalance and it is easy to file off it takes about an extra 20 mins to buff off and reapply, so I charge an extra £5.00.

But French with polish I give to Kelly who works with me, but she only works on Fridays and Saturdays!!

akzentz do a coverage pink gel,as used by anna from toronto in her prizewinning nails.this product is supplied by nails plus beauty.

when doing a painted french,try tidying up your polish application with a polish corrector pen.its firm fibre tip gives a good sharp finish to the smile line.

Latest posts

Back