Love it or hate it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel_19

Reaction score
Hey guys was just wondering do u love it or hate it when a client brings in a photo of the exact hair style that they want?

I personally love it because it's so annoying when a client comes in and try's to explain what they want but even they don't no!

I find it helpfull when they bring in a pic but not when they like it "exactly" like it. It's good to get an idea of what a client wants but it's not always going to work on their hair type/face shape is it. Gives you a good base to work on though:)

Yeah that is very true. At college we was taught what face shape and features go better with certain hair stylesto try and direct the client to the right hair style but, u can't exactly say to a client oh I'm sorry u can't have that hair style as you have a big nose lol!

ahh well with experience you can recommend the client a style along the lines that will work for them and they will think it's been designed just for them :)

depends what is it, I had a lady produce a pic of Simon Cowell once:lol::eek:! I had to stay professional and not roll around on the floor,(i did that when she left)!!!!! x

depends what is it, I had a lady produce a pic of Simon Cowell once:lol::eek:! I had to stay professional and not roll around on the floor,(i did that when she left)!!!!! x

Omg wot did u do? Did u ask if that was the right picture? Did she wall out with a Simon hair cut?? Lool

I'm happy to see a pic, but what cracks me up is when the client produces the picture, then says " but I don't want the sides that short, and Id prefer the top shorter cos I don't like it flat, can the back flick up" The picture is of an inverted bob! I then reply to them by saying that the actually want what they've already got!

ha ha, I said oh, short then? she left with a lovely flat top! x
Omg wot did u do? Did u ask if that was the right picture? Did she wall out with a Simon hair cut?? Lool

Oh I love it when they bring in a picture.
It's so helpful, as clients arent always the best at explaining :lol: And I can't always interpret their non-sense either.

If they walk in, and book an appt for later in the week, and they're wanting a restyle, but are unsure of what they want -I tell them to buy a HairIdeas book and find a style, or something similar in there :lol:

When I was at college we did role play and I got paired with my lecturer and she brought out a picture of Liam gallagher and just kept saying "exactly like that" lol

I was trying to pick it apart saying what do you Like about it etc and she just kept saying just exactly that lol. It was a great exercise to go through though cos you do need to remain professional!!!

I'm happy to see a pic, but what cracks me up is when the client produces the picture, then says " but I don't want the sides that short, and Id prefer the top shorter cos I don't like it flat, can the back flick up" The picture is of an inverted bob! I then reply to them by saying that the actually want what they've already got!

It really makes me giggle too :lol:

I do like when clients bring in photos for colours, that's usually more useful.

Latest posts

Back