Low lights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel123

Reaction score
Hi can someone give me some advice pls, when I do my low lights on someone with really blonde hair I am using a base 6 with some 6.3 I find the colour is a bit wishy washy any advice pls? Using 3% x

I would do 6.4 as .3 depending on your brand is gold and u would use that up to a 7 after that then I use copper to pre pig xx

What brand are you using? X

Maybe try going down a shade or if that fails then yes pre pig :) I know it's fiddly but you could go in with something like dialight and then put your target shade straight over the top. Once you've prepigged you've got it for the future you can pick up the same strands and you will get a longer lasting low light x

What about mixing like mostly a 6... I'd say 6.4 with a little darker, maybe 5.3 but only a quarter the amount of the 6 base...

Tks for your help, I never used 6.4 as I am always afraid it will come out coppery but I will try it !!

Are you using quasi?

Tks for your help, I never used 6.4 as I am always afraid it will come out coppery but I will try it !!

You could do equal parts of 6 and 6.4 xx

This might help you http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/229962-struggling-create-perfect-honey-blondes-wella.html.

I wouldnt use copper as if the hair is pretty light surely it will just grab orange or something similar then wash out?

Maybe try less of 6/0 and mix with something like 5/7 with 3% and try and go over the already existing lowlights. And as alexandra. said sometimes you dont have a choice but to pre-pig even with foils.
xxx
That is all wella though sorry, same rules apply when darkening pre lightened hair tho xx

Thanks, leaving out the base is new to me on that thread! Makes sense ! Did u try that with the honey blondes? Tks 😃

Thanks, leaving out the base is new to me on that thread! Makes sense ! Did u try that with the honey blondes? Tks 😃
I know i found it interesting but when you think about it logically its obvious ! :) Yeh ive been doing it and colour deff holds better aswell. xx

So did my low lights yesterday and used no base and they came out perfect , I always use 3% . But when I went into Sally I was asking for some advice and she said use 6% ?! Am I wrong ?! I used 3 yesterday and they were fine x

So did my low lights yesterday and used no base and they came out perfect , I always use 3% . But when I went into Sally I was asking for some advice and she said use 6% ?! Am I wrong ?! I used 3 yesterday and they were fine x

Don't listen to the staff in Sally's, they're not trained proffesionals! I've heard them giving terrible advice before, I've even had to step in once when I heard one if them tell a customer that it would be fine to use bleach with 12% as a tint, as long as she covered with a plastic bag, don't leave it on more then 45mins!! Shocking

Last edited:
Well done!! No you did the right thing. I did lowlights tonight with 6/7 and 3% and they look really good. I use 6% in other situations tho when the hair isnt reallly light XX

Yes that's what I thought , but basically when I am trying to deepen I would use 3 % and lift 6 % x tks

Use a 66/0 and a 6.4 I find grey coverage colours last so well in highlighted hair

Use a 66/0 and a 6.4 I find grey coverage colours last so well in highlighted hair

What brand do u use? Tks? I used colour touch tonight 6/7 but colour wasn't great:( she is pregnant though!

Im confuddled lol... I never ever use 3%..... when would you use it and why x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back