Loyalty Cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby may

Reaction score
Hi All,

We are currently thinking about introducing loyalty cards into our salon, can anyone tell me what method you use and how it works? We have lots of regular and loyal clients and obviously, as things are in the current climate, we would like to keep these clients happy and mabe attract new clients.

Thanks.

I offer loyalty cards on products only not treatments.

I find this works better for me as my clients are going to have the treatment every month regardless of there being a free treatment at the end and I believe by having it on products it encourages clients to but products from me and not the internet.

For every £10 spent the card is signed and when £150 has been spent this can then be redeemed for a free treatment (either a back massage,manicure or mini facial) The great thing about this is that when a client gets close to the £150 they are tempted to then buy something else to get to the target quicker !

Hi. I have not set up my salon yet - VERY early stages. (As in not even off the ground yet)

I am planning on printing business size cards with salon name / logo on front and on back have something like:

Date Therapist Signiture
.............. .............................

Complete card and get 'x' treatment free for example.

hth xx

Atm we have printed cards on which they receive a sticker for each £16 they spend. Once they get 10 they get a free gift of either a product or treatment (not their usual one though).

I did this amount to encourage clients to spend more, which in some instances it does. However, my cards have nearly run out & I'm going computerised soon so will be re-thinking my loyalty scheme.

I will be reading this thread with interest to see what else crops up.

Loyalty schemes are very good things to have. Tesco, Boots, Nectar, airlines all have them for a reason - they work.

I am currently thinking of launching my own in Jan. The problem is I will probably do it for my waxing and you can't do a "have 5 get 6th free" option as some clients have different things done at different times. So I am going to base it on spend - 1 points per £10 spent for example. These points can then be used to pay for treatments, they cannot be used for part payment though. Also if they refer a friend to me the friend gets their points and so does the referer if the friend tells me who refered them during their appointment. Helps to build word of mouth!

I am going to get my Waxing business cards redone and will have space on the rear of the card to keep a note of all bookings, and will keep my own record on their client record sheet.

mat

Loyalty schemes are very good things to have. Tesco, Boots, Nectar, airlines all have them for a reason - they work.

I know somebody who works in Boots & they've all been told to make sure that anyone who doesn't already have a loyalty card/advantage card, to make sure they sign up for one.

The big bosses know that it gets customers coming back in, which is what we all want :).

The other thing with Boots that works really, really well, is their £5 vouchers when you spend over a certain amount. Gets those customers back through the door, spending even more money.

On their triple points days, they are busier.

Perhaps we could all learn a thing or three from the big 'uns.

I completely agree, the £5 vouchers always get me, as I end up going in there and spending £10 to get the £5 off even if I didnt need anything in the first place! All extra money in their pockets.
That would be great to incorporate in the salon somehow.

I know, I'm a sucker for the £5 vouchers as well.

I was thinking, with my new loyalty scheme, when I get it going, was to emulate what Boots does & offer a straightforward 5 points per £1 spent. (I know they're 4 points but 5 is easier to work with) And then send out texts or emails to offer occasional double/triple points days.

It could encourage peeps to buy more products if they know they are going to accumulate points quicker.

That could work especially well on retail, you could have triple points days on retail on X day, especially if one month you need to pull a bit extra in, if things are quiet etc. I really like that idea!
Or say, double points on a specific treatment for a fortnight, to push that treatment more, or fill columns.

Thanks for all your replies.
We have been talking today and came up with the idea of-
For every £20 the client spends (on products and treatments) they would receive 5mins worth of treatments.

I have a similar system in place but its all done and monitored by my salon software

Hi All,

We are currently thinking about introducing loyalty cards into our salon, can anyone tell me what method you use and how it works? We have lots of regular and loyal clients and obviously, as things are in the current climate, we would like to keep these clients happy and mabe attract new clients.

Thanks.
Hi In Cambridge the local business's have all signed up for a scheme that offers a card to not only local people but tourists and lists all the business's that are members. They are given various dicounts with the card.
Have you checked to see if anyone runs one in your area.
In Herts the local council do the same thing.

Can I just ask- do you allow people to collect these points for treatment time when they buy courses as well? And do you allow them to use the time on any treatments or do you have a specific list?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Helen. Our salon is in a smallish town, what radius are the businesses around who have become involved in the scheme because, the shops and businesses that I would probably want to target are in a close by village that already has a few salons. We have a couple of good restaurants, sandwich shops but no really good clothes or shoe shops. The other businesses are more insurance companies, estate agents, manufacturing companies etc....I cant see how these companies can become involved.
What businesses are involved in your area?
Who set the scheme up in your area?
What incentives do the card holders receive?

Thankyou.

I offer the following:

1 point for every £10 spent. Once you have collected 15 points (£150) you will receive a £5 gift voucher to use within a certain time period. Keep it for yourself or pass it on to friends.
Gift voucher can not be used on discounted treatments.

xx

Back