Loyalty points-too generous?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
My loyalty points work like this.....For every £1 you spend in the salon, you get 1 point. Once you have built up 100 points, you get £5 off anything.....200 points gets you £10.....300 points gets you £15 and so on.....
Is this pretty reasonable or too generous? It does mean that people have to spend £100 in the salon before getting anything......I'm really dense at things like this so if someone could advise, that would be great. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would say that is reasonable. 5% off for every £100 isn't far off the norm for a lot of places I've visited

Hi everyone.
My loyalty points work like this.....For every £1 you spend in the salon, you get 1 point. Once you have built up 100 points, you get £5 off anything.....200 points gets you £10.....300 points gets you £15 and so on.....
Is this pretty reasonable or too generous? It does mean that people have to spend £100 in the salon before getting anything......I'm really dense at things like this so if someone could advise, that would be great. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do 1 stamp for every £5 they spend. They have to get 20 points, after which they are rewarded £5 off any treatment. So, it works out similar to what you do in the sense that they have to spend £100 to get £5 credit.

However, if they spend £23 for instance, they would only get 4 stamps. So in all, client generally ends up spending over £100 before they get the reward (if that makes sense).

I did stamp for every £5 so that my low spend clients are also rewarded.

I love the points system you all use! I'm mobile & offer £5 off every 5th appointment. I have a minimum spend of £15 per appointment & so far I find most clients use their £5 off towards another treatment that they wouldn't usually have so end up spending a little more with me that week!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do a stamp on every visit and £5 off on your 7th visit and if you loose your card it's tough :)

Hi we also give one point per £ spent but always offer the £5 off as soon as they reach the 100 points, we also mark a product purchase card every time they spend over £35 on products and when they have 10 stamps on the card we offer £35 off a treatment you could do this for any amounts and we also try to get them to have a treatment they have not had before say a facial or massage to tempt them to rebook.
Kalista :biggrin:

I use a points system. I do 1point per pound, then redeem them back as 100points is £1. I've had it about 6 weeks and one of my clients has almost reached 1000 points which will be £10 off! A lot of my clients are big spenders so I couldn't really give everyone £5 off for 100 points

Latest posts

Back