Quantcast

lurker saying hi!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

lara davidson

New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Gretna, Scotland
Have been logging in for a couple of months now and have only just plucked up courage to say hello! - you all seem such a friendly lot and the site is great. I'm on all the time looking for tips! Creative trained in December 2003 and am just starting business properly now. I still seem to take forever with rebalances - any tips would be brilliant - the more I file, the longer it seems to take! I'm sure it'll get better, but I find it so frustrating when it feels you're doing double the work for half the money!, but I so want to get it right!
 

nat

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Berkshire
lara davidson said:
Have been logging in for a couple of months now and have only just plucked up courage to say hello! - you all seem such a friendly lot and the site is great. I'm on all the time looking for tips! Creative trained in December 2003 and am just starting business properly now. I still seem to take forever with rebalances - any tips would be brilliant - the more I file, the longer it seems to take! I'm sure it'll get better, but I find it so frustrating when it feels you're doing double the work for half the money!, but I so want to get it right!
I am SO glad I am not the only one lurking about wondering whether I can pluck up the courage to join in! I did my foundation last month. I've decided to rope some friends in in for a 3 month free trial so I get to practice on people without having to worry about taking 3 hours! The rebalancing is definately the hardest bit for me and we didn't really cover much on the foundation about it. Anyway - LOVE the site! I'm always lurking & learning!
 

mandy

Active Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
croydon
hi, i'm new to this site as well just been browsing for the last few weeks. I also have just passed my nail course trained at college!!!! Just brought myself a hand trainer, so im gonna get practising on that. Theres so much to learn but i suppose as they say practise makes perfect. This site is brilliant from just browsing over the last few weeks i've found out so much. so i thought i'd say hello and kep logging in its brill. mandy ;)
 

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
667
Location
Leeds, UK
How cool is this? I love it when lurkers pop out and say hi ;)

Everyone appreciates your kind words and feel free to join in any conversation at any time. We were all lurkers at some point :D
 

lara davidson

New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Gretna, Scotland
Hi! I'm very relieved I'm not the only one taking 3 hours - I can do a full set in 1hr 45mins, but the rebalance is taking 3 hours - mostly all filing!!! I've got quite a few clients now, but I'm never going to make a living if I take that long - I just cant see it taking any less time HELP!!! Nice to know it's not just me - will persevere until it clicks!

Must go and do some work.


nat said:
I am SO glad I am not the only one lurking about wondering whether I can pluck up the courage to join in! I did my foundation last month. I've decided to rope some friends in in for a 3 month free trial so I get to practice on people without having to worry about taking 3 hours! The rebalancing is definately the hardest bit for me and we didn't really cover much on the foundation about it. Anyway - LOVE the site! I'm always lurking & learning!
 

ella

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
316
Reaction score
8
Location
Penryn, Cornwall
Have a look at the nails you are rebalancing - is it taking a long time to file because they are maybe thicker than needed? Remember that with Creative Retention+ the product has reinforced crosslinking so you do not need it to be thick to have strength - you need to get the shape right. Enhancements that are too thick will slow down rebalances tremendously.

Are you having to remove a lot of lifting? "Chasing the line" can be time consuming, so ideally you should review your prep and appication technique to eliminate causes of lifting. On the odd occasion you do get lifting - remember to file above the lifted product NEVER on top of it as you just make it worse!

Let us all know what else is causing you your time problems? Do you get a lot of breakages etc. The more info you give us all, the more we can all try to help.
 

Debs

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
1,621
Reaction score
36
Location
Essex
The Nail Geek said:
How cool is this? I love it when lurkers pop out and say hi ;)

Everyone appreciates your kind words and feel free to join in any conversation at any time. We were all lurkers at some point :D



I have to say I have never been a "lurker"
Sorry had to say that, lol. I always just dive straight in, thats why I get in sooooooo much trouble.

Welcome to the board all you newbies, don`t be shy, none of us bite......
And as for all the other lurkers out there.....STOP LURKING, come and say hi
 

lara davidson

New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Gretna, Scotland
Hi, "chasing the line" - that's it, I think!! I start removing a little lifting at the edges and it just seems to go on and on, the more I file, the more it lifts - maybe I am filing on top as you say.

I'm feeling a little happier tonight though, just finished a rebalance in 2 hours (cant quite believe it yet!?!) and they were 3 weeks old - 2 were completely off, one which she admitted had got caught in the baby car seat! and the other which had only just come off that day. We will see how these ones last, but I really dont know how I lost an hour just like that - long may it continue though!!
Thanks for the help - much appreciated.

ella said:
Have a look at the nails you are rebalancing - is it taking a long time to file because they are maybe thicker than needed? Remember that with Creative Retention+ the product has reinforced crosslinking so you do not need it to be thick to have strength - you need to get the shape right. Enhancements that are too thick will slow down rebalances tremendously.

Are you having to remove a lot of lifting? "Chasing the line" can be time consuming, so ideally you should review your prep and appication technique to eliminate causes of lifting. On the odd occasion you do get lifting - remember to file above the lifted product NEVER on top of it as you just make it worse!

Let us all know what else is causing you your time problems? Do you get a lot of breakages etc. The more info you give us all, the more we can all try to help.
 

FunkyNails

Active Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
32
Reaction score
1
Location
back & forth between Greece and the Netherlands
Welcome from an ex-lurker and still a newbie on this board.

I thought it was time for me to give my first rating.........YEAH!!! 5 stars for this thread..............(this site just gets more fun all the time!) :D
 

Jennykins

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
2,082
Reaction score
31
Location
UK
Hi everyone,

I am also new to this website, I found the website address in Professional Nails magazine and decided to take a look. I must say I think it is absolutely fantastic!

Its a good job i'm on broadband cos i have a feeling i'm gonna get hooked! :lol:

Jenn
 

gracy

nutty geek
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
506
Reaction score
14
Location
uk
like debs i have`nt been much of the lurker mainly because me gobs too big :lol:
 

Kat's Claws

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Hi girls, I'm also a newbie and just luv this site and the people, they have been so patient and helpful that the only thing I can tell you is that you couldn't have found a better "family" to join.

Well thats all, thought I'd say hello! :D ;)

Kat
 

Bryony

British Aussie Geek
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
595
Reaction score
18
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Lara,

If it makes you feel any better I am taking 2 hrs - and this is just for a standard manicure!!!!!!!:lol: :lol:
In my defence I'm still training and not had much practice (10 years on myself doesn't count!!) but I'm still a bit concerned about how I'll fit into the 45 mins allowed in my exam!
Can you image what I'll be like when I start doing extensions - I'll still be there a week later :)

B
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top