Luxury Manicure/Pedicure Treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyy123

Reaction score
I am going to be offering Luxury manis and pedis however I will not be using parrafin wax just mask and heated mitts/booties. However, prior to buying the heated booties etc, I was wondering before I actually purchase the boots...

How many % wise of your bookings a month would be a luxury manicure / pedicure treatment?

Replies very much appreciated x

i would say it depends what else you offer eg artificial enhancements acrylic/gel.

In the past 2 months i havent done any at all, i offer the full range natural and artificial work. i would argue not very much of a % to be honest. unless you have it on offer around mothers day!!!!!!!!!!! maybe someone else will argue diff tho.

I pondered exactly this, bootes, parafin wax etc etc etc. i opted for a hand and foot mask with heated towels, just as soothing, moiturising, and luxurious, then you can wipe of any excess mask with the towel! result! then you can see how it goes without too much outlay to begin with. hope that helps.

Hey, this is my first post! I got them and never use them. I do use paraffin wax quite a bit though. X

Ah ok thanks for coming back to me thats handy to know. I will be offering Gels too.

Valid point re Mothers Day thing as I tend to buy my mum vouchers for luxury manicures etc.

Hopefully a few more people will comment and I can weigh up if it is worth it (They are like £30 a pair so dont want to spend all out at the moment if I wont get the full advantage)

Hey, this is my first post! I got them and never use them. I do use paraffin wax quite a bit though. X

Ah Hi babe!! Thanks for the reply, I am relatively new to this too, its ADDICTIVE. :D

In the past month I've done about 8 luxury manicures and 4 luxury pedicure, I always use my heated mitts and booties my clients love them, I don't use paraffin wax just a mask

I find alot of people who book in for a normal Mani or pedi end up upgrading to a luxury

15% of bookings are luxury manicures or pedicures

Thanks for this, wow what a difference between each post hehe. Its quite good to know as I have only done nails at the moment. in a way I think it is best to keep options open and its offered if they want it?

Well I ran a Living Social offer for luxury mani's and pedi's a couple of months ago and sold 74 vouchers - which are all still coming in - so at the moment, if I never see paraffin again, it'll be too soon, haha!!

In a normal month though, I would say I do about 4 or 5 luxury manicures and pedicures (I do them slightly cheaper if they have both the mani and pedi, so people tend to book both with me), x

Thanks beautyy123! I'm addicted already! Only thing is I want to spend too much on new products now! Lol! Good luck making ur decision! X

Thanks beautyy123! I'm addicted already! Only thing is I want to spend too much on new products now! Lol! Good luck making ur decision! X

Sameeeeeee, Naughty us! :biggrin:

Well I ran a Living Social offer for luxury mani's and pedi's a couple of months ago and sold 74 vouchers - which are all still coming in - so at the moment, if I never see paraffin again, it'll be too soon, haha!!

In a normal month though, I would say I do about 4 or 5 luxury manicures and pedicures (I do them slightly cheaper if they have both the mani and pedi, so people tend to book both with me), x

Wow thats good! Is that like a groupon thing? If so, do you find you sell more vouchers then people actually use them? Do you have to pay to advertise those?

Check out how busy you are!! That's a very good idea with the offer of both. I love SG everyone is so helpful.

Yes Living Social is the same concept as Groupon in terms of the customer buying a cheap voucher. The reason I went with them was due to how they work in terms of paying me. Basically, they will take 50% of every voucher sold (so from a £12 voucher, you will get £6, so you're never going to make lots of money from it, it's more about getting people through your door). They pay you in chunks based on how many vouchers have been sold - so I think (don't quote me, I'd need to double check my contract for exact timings) they pay you 50% of the total sold after the first 4 weeks, then another 25% after ten weeks and the final 25% after 15 weeks... so you don't have to wait for people to actually use their voucher before you get paid from Living Social.

It was definitely worth doing as we are a new salon (in our tenth week now) and so it was a great way to get new people through our door - like I say, that's what it's about, not about making lots of money. The key then is to retain those customers so they re-book in - most of which have with us :)

I'm not sure how Groupon works, but I was really impressed with Living Social, so I highly recommend them. xx

Ohh and no, you don't have to pay anything to advertise with them - you do have to have a website though, x

Latest posts

Back