LVL clumping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm seriously thinking of doing lvl training. Unfortunately all the before and after pics I've seen show the clients eyes with their lashes all clumped together. Like for example, in the first pic theirs lashes are individually fanned out and in the second they all have 5:6 lashes clumped into one very thick lash! I don't know if I'm explaining this properly but if just love to know if that clumping is just immediately after and that it can be easily combed out?

It's because you can't wet the lashes for 24 hours after the treatment. So the tint has to be dry wiped off then a conditioning serum goes on them so they stick together a bit. Once they can be washed properly the lashes fan out lovely

Are you separating them as you adhere them to the shield? You've got to remember how you put them on the shield is how they will be fixed in the end so if they are clumped together that's how they will end up. The tint doesn't have to be dry wiped off you can use damp cotton pads to remove the tint once the lashes are fixed they shouldn't be dropping as they are fixed in that shape so getting water on them won't make a difference. You only need a small amount of the nourishing oil as well and just brush through well [emoji106][emoji106]

Can anyone clear this up for me....:confused:
I was told when inquiring about LVL training, that what they use to lift the lashes is not a perm lotion....
I thought she might mean, it's consistency being a gel.
No....she said, it's the chemical that's nothing like a perm. o_O
What is it then, that makes the hair bend?....and I don't mean using a shield as opposed to a curler.

Erm, you cant get them wet afterwards! Its printed on the aftercare sheets so why you would want to go against this & wipe with a damp pad when you can get all the excess off with a dry pad/ cotton pad is beyond me. Surely its just asking for trouble?

Like Kathryn said its just down to them being freshly done. As the excess serum wears/washes off they fan back out again & i warn clients of this (and none have ever been bothered by it) xx

I had an LVL treatment done recently and was really pleased - no they're not clumped together whatsoever

I'm having it done again before Christmas and am so impressed I'm going to train in it next year as nobody for 10 miles round me does it and I think it's fab!

(Edit to add my beautician said it was basically like a perm but using a different shaped thing (forget what she called it) instead of a curling rod)

Last edited:
Can anyone clear this up for me....:confused:
I was told when inquiring about LVL training, that what they use to lift the lashes is not a perm lotion....
I thought she might mean, it's consistency being a gel.
No....she said, it's the chemical that's nothing like a perm. o_O
What is it then, that makes the hair bend?....and I don't mean using a shield as opposed to a curler.

I can't speak for LVL as don't do that brand, but I use Elleebana for my lash lifts and the 'lifting solution' most definitely contains perm solution - I can smell it a mile off and it takes me back to my ill-advised spiral perm 25 years ago...

I can't speak for LVL as don't do that brand, but I use Elleebana for my lash lifts and the 'lifting solution' most definitely contains perm solution - I can smell it a mile off and it takes me back to my ill-advised spiral perm 25 years ago...

Thank you for that.
I've used 'Salon system', and as a hairdresser know that theirs is definitely perm!:p
Which was why I was intrigued by LVL statement that theirs isn't!o_O
The representative couldn't / wouldn't give me a definitive answer as to what it was,if not a traditional chemical used to reshape hair.......just hoped someone on here might be able to enlighten me.:)

Thank you for that.
I've used 'Salon system', and as a hairdresser know that theirs is definitely perm!:p
Which was why I was intrigued by LVL statement that theirs isn't!o_O
The representative couldn't / wouldn't give me a definitive answer as to what it was,if not a traditional chemical used to reshape hair.......just hoped someone on here might be able to enlighten me.:)

Surely they provide MSDS info with their products?

Surely they provide MSDS info with their products?

I am not privy to the ingredient's in their product, I am not LVL trained as my inquiry was with regard training with them.
Just thought someone on here who is LVL trained might be able to give me their take on it.:)

Thanks for all the replies! That's really good news as I was looking through some before and after pics and I thought some of them just looked desperately bad all clumped like that. But now that I know that it's temporary I'm back to wanting to train in it again! Have you had much people reacting badly to it? How does it fare with sensitive eyes?

Erm, you cant get them wet afterwards! Its printed on the aftercare sheets so why you would want to go against this & wipe with a damp pad when you can get all the excess off with a dry pad/ cotton pad is beyond me. Surely its just asking for trouble?

Like Kathryn said its just down to them being freshly done. As the excess serum wears/washes off they fan back out again & i warn clients of this (and none have ever been bothered by it) xx

I use a different brand to LVL so haven't seen their aftercare sheets but with my brand I use a damp cotton pad to remove all traces of tint and never had a lash lift drop [emoji106]

I am trained in LVL and just due to the moisturising serum leaving them slightly wet looking afterwards it can sometimes make them appear a little stuck together immediately after, I usually just tell the client to keep combing them and once they have fully dried (within half an hour or so) they are perfectly fanned out and leave a lovely finish :) x

I have had a couple of clients with very sensitive eyes find that it makes them very watery which can make the treatment quite difficult as it can wash the product away whilst you are trying to wait for it to process! However 9 times out of 10 most people find it very relaxing and sometimes even fall asleep! Would definitely recommend the training :)

Latest posts

Back