LVL Lashes - anyone done them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
Hi every1,
Nice to be back again, after a very long break!

I just wondered if anyone's heard about LVL Lashes from Nouveau Lashes. I already do lash extensions, and wondered if I should do LVL Lashes as well. So would be grateful if anyone can answer some questions like

1. How are they done?
2. Are they good?
3. Are they worth doing?
3. How do they compare to eyelash extensions and which do you prefer?

Looking forward to all your replies (if any).

Cheers in advance

I wish I had spent more time looking at the at the Gmex - picked up a leaflet which tells you a little but want to know alot more.

I am thinking of doing eye lash extensions and these sound very interesting.

Will keep my eye on this one.

Hi every1,
Nice to be back again, after a very long break!

I just wondered if anyone's heard about LVL Lashes from Nouveau Lashes. I already do lash extensions, and wondered if I should do LVL Lashes as well. So would be grateful if anyone can answer some questions like

1. How are they done?
2. Are they good?
3. Are they worth doing?
3. How do they compare to eyelash extensions and which do you prefer?

Looking forward to all your replies (if any).

Cheers in advance

1. How are they done?
Having received Eyelash Extensions training from Nouveau, you should have also received information through the post regards LVL, which would answer this question for you. If you haven't received this info you should contact Nouveau and ask them to send it out. LVL is exactly the same as eyelash perming except it uses a silicon shield to lift the lashes from the root rather than just the curl the ends.
2. Are they good?
I have seen two people who have had this enhancement done and their lashes look nice, but extensions still give the best effect IMO.
3. Are they worth doing?
That's something you'd have to decided for yourself.
4. How do they compare to eyelash extensions and which do you prefer?
They don't compare to extensions as they're a different type of enhancement. As I said, the effect isn't as noticeable as extensions.

hth

Hi Amy,
Thank you, you've helped me a lot once again.
I thought it would be similar to lash perming, but was'nt too sure. In which case, it would'nt really be worth it for me, as I do lash perming anyway. I think with perming and extensions, I have enough to offer clients for lashes. Being similar to perming, I don't know if I'd be able or even want to convince people to pay that much extra for LVL.
I'd still be interested to hear other people's opinions on this though.

I was also interersted in doing the LVL course. I saw it on this morning and they looked fab! I have had my eyelashes curled but i still feel the need to use my curlers to get them to go straight up. The LVL does that! Let me know if you go on the course. :lol:

how much is the training?

The training is £250 + vat but if you go on their website Index you can print a £50 off voucher.

Hiya
Nouveau was doing a deal on training over Dec..give them a call and see if its still on
ask about prices and deals they have for the future

Jenx

Basically, I'm thinking of taking on a lash system (poss Blink and Go as I'm a Nouveau technician and love their training) BUT want general feedback as to whether or not lashes REALLY are the big thing. Don't want ot make an investment, or put another treatment in my brochures, IF it's not going to make a good return. Are you lash techs out there busy? I work over a good hairdressers and they are looking to concentrate on bridal work this summer with extra hair-up training etc and want me to offer the bridal make overs. Make up is ok already, BUT WILL THE BRIDES WANT LASHES? Looking forward to your opinions!

I do the LVL treatment and I have to say its more popular than the eyelash extensions. The lift you get with LVL is excellent and people prefer this treatment because it feels more natural and lasts a good 8weeks if not more. The only downside is that you just need to order what you need to use as the product once packaged only has a lifetime of approx 3months......something they don't advise you of when training.

Thanks for speedy reply! I already offer perming and have promoted that, but very few takers UNTIL they have tried it. LVL looked interesting but I'm not sure that it will create a real point of difference - to the clients at least. Ho Hum. :confused:

can i just make sure i have this right, eyelash perming lifts the lash into a curl at the end whil e the lvcl lifts it from the root so it straightens the lash out more
is mascara allowed to be applied while you have either perming or LVL can anyone advise me please
how long do both treatments take to do timewise
thanks all
xx

Yes you can apply masacara to lashes that have been permed.
The LVL lifts them from the root and in my opinion, they look much better than a normal perm. It seems to add length so makes them look longer ,whereas a perm curls the lashes and tends to make them look shorter!

Ooh forgot to add-it's about 45 mins!

lvl sounds better so, is it damiging for the lash?? sorry too many question's , yer ok ill ring nouveau and enquire, thanks a mill angelina
xx

Latest posts

Back