LVL lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I've just watched the video and I have to say I am struggling to understand why this is different to an eyelash lift and tint? This what I offer my clients now, would I benefit at all from training with LVL? I have just had a nosey on their website and I have seen the price for training, being completely dull now but does this price include a kit or is that an additional cost?

Great pictures though. Thanks in advance

Jody

Hi guys, I've just watched the video and I have to say I am struggling to understand why this is different to an eyelash lift and tint? This what I offer my clients now, would I benefit at all from training with LVL? I have just had a nosey on their website and I have seen the price for training, being completely dull now but does this price include a kit or is that an additional cost?

Great pictures though. Thanks in advance

Jody

I also thought this. I think you're just buying in to the brand and marketing too, like HD Brows x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Have you done either of the courses?

I really don't think people would come up with courses & brands if they were like anyone else's.

What I learnt on my two day HD course was amazing there is no way I could learn that elsewhere.

I doubt a three hour course in Sally's would train you aswell.

The whole 'buying into the brand' thing is rubbish. Do topshop do the same quality clothes as primark? But just charge more for their name? I think not.

Not being catty but don't knock it til you've tried it. :) xx

Buying in to a brand isn't a bad thing...! It's all about marketing and brand awareness.... it can be a good thing! It doesn't mean the treatment is a superior treatment though x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I really don't think people would come up with courses & brands if they were like anyone else's.

What I learnt on my two day HD course was amazing there is no way I could learn that elsewhere.

The whole 'buying into the brand' thing is rubbish. Do topshop do the same quality clothes as primark? But just charge more for their name? I think not.

I have to disagree with you there. I have bought into the brand many times and from personal experience I disagree with it. After watching the video mentioned about it is identical to a lash lift treatment. I am an educator in Wales and what this video shows is exactly what I teach my students. My friend trained with LVL when it first came out and i have Since trained one of her therapists in Lash lift and even she said it was identical, So apologies but whether its training with LVL or training with a third party I don't always agree with buying into the brand speech. X

Here is a pic of my last set of LVL Lashes

Attachments

• Megan LVL1.jpg
    Megan LVL1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 814
  • Megan LVL 2.jpg
    Megan LVL 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 801
I have to disagree with you there. I have bought into the brand many times and from personal experience I disagree with it. After watching the video mentioned about it is identical to a lash lift treatment. I am an educator in Wales and what this video shows is exactly what I teach my students. My friend trained with LVL when it first came out and i have Since trained one of her therapists in Lash lift and even she said it was identical, So apologies but whether its training with LVL or training with a third party I don't always agree with buying into the brand speech. X

it might be a similar procedure but the products are not the same so you might not get the same effect and you may or may not get the same longevity of lift?

Sorry to jump on this thread and I do think HD brows and LVL are great treatments but while I was at Beauty Uk last month I was chatting to none other than Nialm Patel herself on the HD stand and I did ask her what was the difference between Hd brows and what I already do now which is waxing, tinting, plucking,shaping, etc and she told me I would be buying into the brand. So although I probably would learn a few things I would be buying into the brand. Its very cleverly marketed which is one of the reasons why it has made it so popular :)

I just don't understand how people can say that about anything unless you have done the course.

It's like me saying I don't need to do shellac it's buying into the brand it's the same as OPI, gelish, & many more which we all know is untrue.

If everything had the same quality of products & training then surely there would only be one gel polish out there, one lash brand, one hair brand....I think not. Xx

Hi Chrogers

I was cynical too, having done lash perms etc, and I too have taught, so I'm very particular as to what I train in, and with whom I train...

I went on the LVL course because I don't like lash extensions. Training in those was one of the most expensive mistakes I have made. They simply don't fit my client profile. However, improvement to lashes appeals to most people, so off I went thinking it could not be too much different from perms.

I many ways that is true. Products might have different names, but in essence they HAVE to do a similar job (i.e. break down the keratin and then re-shape the bonds). The shield allows you to lift the lash rather than curl it, and effectively reduce its length visually.

HOWEVER- the products, particularly the bonding material, are far superior (no sticky white glue). The shields are silicone, so soft and flexible and the whole treatment is much quicker and cleaner. The lashes adhered to the shields more easily and quickly with much less risk of 'crossover' and then fiddling to straighten them.

I feel I've updated my skills - which is always worth investing in - and that Nouveau have taken and old treatment and brought it bang up to date.

The trainers were excellent, and as always with anything to do with either Nouveau or CND, totally professional. Honestly, it was well worth the £££.

Hi Chrogers

I was cynical too, having done lash perms etc, and I too have taught, so I'm very particular as to what I train in, and with whom I train...

I went on the LVL course because I don't like lash extensions. Training in those was one of the most expensive mistakes I have made. They simply don't fit my client profile. However, improvement to lashes appeals to most people, so off I went thinking it could not be too much different from perms.

I many ways that is true. Products might have different names, but in essence they HAVE to do a similar job (i.e. break down the keratin and then re-shape the bonds). The shield allows you to lift the lash rather than curl it, and effectively reduce its length visually.

HOWEVER- the products, particularly the bonding material, are far superior (no sticky white glue). The shields are silicone, so soft and flexible and the whole treatment is much quicker and cleaner. The lashes adhered to the shields more easily and quickly with much less risk of 'crossover' and then fiddling to straighten them.

I feel I've updated my skills - which is always worth investing in - and that Nouveau have taken and old treatment and brought it bang up to date.

The trainers were excellent, and as always with anything to do with either Nouveau or CND, totally professional. Honestly, it was well worth the £££.

Great feedback thank you!! It's always interesting to speak with someone with personal experience - I don't doubt the training I am sure it is excellent however as you agree the procedure is near identical to a traditional lash lift.

The same with anything you get what you pay for. With Nouveau and HD I do think they are extremely clever in their marketing and as we all agree you are buying into a brand, but that sells... I will definitely consider LVL after your feed back thank you. Would you mind PM-ing me with the cost please ?? X

I have done lvl it's amazing we don't even offer the old perm it's rubbish. We are doing up to 3 sets a day sometimes x

So sorry! Only just seen your reply - I'm not on SG all that often...

The cost of the course is on the Nouveau Beauty Group website - but I'd be happy to PM you with any other questions you have - if you PM me first so I don't forget!

1375962998757.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

To those geeks that have been on the training, do you need to take a model with you? I want to know before I rearrange my whole diary to get a day off to go on this training x

We worked on each other at the London training hth x

Latest posts

Back