Lycon Lycotech white wax cartridges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
Grrrr... I typed up a long post and lost it!!

So the bottom line is:
What do you think about Lycon Lycotech white strip wax cartridges and the heater that comes with that system
It would be for arm waxing.

I've never used cartridges. I'm an old fashioned spatula/wax pot kind of person
Are they generic type? Is there a generic cartridge/heater?

Ps. When I did body waxing 15 years ago we double dipped (I never did brazillians btw). Now things changed and with facial waxing we never double dip so I'm used to that but I'm thinking for body wax you would use like million sticks? Lol.

Hi Anna from Toronto,

I use the same wax (strip and hot) and totally love it but I don't use it in cartridge form so I'm sorry I can't help with the cartridge question :(

For waxing the arm (or legs) I use metal spat with the Lycotec white hot strip wax and use wooden spat if I need to go over the same area again. Easy, fast and hygenic :) HTH!

Hi Anna from Toronto,

I use the same wax (strip and hot) and totally love it but I don't use it in cartridge form so I'm sorry I can't help with the cartridge question :(

For waxing the arm (or legs) I use metal spat with the Lycotec white hot strip wax and use wooden spat if I need to go over the same area again. Easy, fast and hygenic :) HTH!
Thank you for your suggestion, the thing is we are not allowed to double dip at all
Ps. Do you find that Lycotech hard wax picks up all facial hair?
I'm still trying to figure it out (I'm used to PR Blue)

I don't double dip with hot wax.

I tear loads of tissues into strips. Once I've used the spatula I wrap the tissue around the used end then I can hold onto it and dip the other end in.

You use half as many spatulas as you are using both ends.

With strip wax, have about 5 metal spats. As you can apply wax over a large area with then, you will be able to do a half leg wax with about 5-6 spatulas, with practice.

Hth

I don't double dip with hot wax.

I tear loads of tissues into strips. Once I've used the spatula I wrap the tissue around the used end then I can hold onto it and dip the other end in.

You use half as many spatulas as you are using both ends.

With strip wax, have about 5 metal spats. As you can apply wax over a large area with then, you will be able to do a half leg wax with about 5-6 spatulas, with practice.

Hth
Neat idea about the metal spatulas. How do you clean/sanitize them? Wax solvent, wash and then soak?

Pour enough wax solvent to cover the metal part of the spatula into a tin receptacle (some companies sell them online as refills, or you can use a wax heater insert pot).

Keep all your spatulas in this, as you need them remove from the tin, wipe on a wax strip to remove any residual wax, rinse them with soapy water, dry and use.

Replace straight back in the tin after each use and repeat the process!!

Thank you for your suggestion, the thing is we are not allowed to double dip at all
Ps. Do you find that Lycotech hard wax picks up all facial hair?
I'm still trying to figure it out (I'm used to PR Blue)

Hi

I find the Lycotec hot wax is fab on the face, gets the finest of hairs. I have no need to consider a change in the type of wax I use as I'm really pleased with the results of this one :)

Also re wax: let me clarify I don't double dip with hot wax either. I use a new wooden spat for each time and also use the tissue method. Apologies for my unclear message. I was talking about using the metal spat for legs and arms, though I use a wooden spat if I need to go over the area again. I too place my metal spats in wax solvent then sterilise the same way as noted above. I use a new metal spat each client of course! :)

Hi

I find the Lycotec hot wax is fab on the face, gets the finest of hairs. I have no need to consider a change in the type of wax I use as I'm really pleased with the results of this one :)

Also re wax: let me clarify I don't double dip with hot wax either. I use a new wooden spat for each time and also use the tissue method. Apologies for my unclear message. I was talking about using the metal spat for legs and arms, though I use a wooden spat if I need to go over the area again. I too place my metal spats in wax solvent then sterilise the same way as noted above. I use a new metal spat each client of course! :)
Hm, I must be doing something off because I find that Lycojet does not pick up everything like PR Blue does.
I read that Lycojet is rosin free so I'm trying to make it work. Do you apply with or against hair growth
The rep who came to my salon said against but I found it odd, especially the brows?! I asked 3 times.
I see maybe on short, strong hair...

Hi,

I don't use Lycojet so I can't help but I do use Lycotec hot wax. I apply with the hair growth on the brow after using Lycotane cleanser and haven't had a problem. I still tweeze for a sharper finish but manage to get the majority of hair each time, especially the fine fluffy hair. I've never gone against on a brow? Mostly because I haven't needed too. If you're using Lycotec just make sure its not too tacky when applied and once applied give it a min to set up and you should be fine. :) HTH. :)

With all lycon hot waxes (and I'm including lycojet in this statement too), you apply AGAINST and remove AGAINST everywhere EXCEPT when waxing the labia during intimate waxing or during all facial waxing.

With facial waxing, apply in the direction of hair growth, wait a few seconds for it to start to go "chewy" then press into the wax with an oiled, gloved finger to ensure the hairs are well squished into the wax. This wax, when it fully sets up and is ready to remove the hairs are nicely shrink wrapped in the wax and come out cleanly without breaking.

With all lycon hot waxes (and I'm including lycojet in this statement too), you apply AGAINST and remove AGAINST everywhere EXCEPT when waxing the labia during intimate waxing or during all facial waxing.

With facial waxing, apply in the direction of hair growth, wait a few seconds for it to start to go "chewy" then press into the wax with an oiled, gloved finger to ensure the hairs are well squished into the wax. This wax, when it fully sets up and is ready to remove the hairs are nicely shrink wrapped in the wax and come out cleanly without breaking.

Laura! Thank you so much for the tip of pressing the wax in. I'm gonna try that... Do you pull the wax off right after its set or you leave it till it hardens little more?

Once its set get it off, don't leave it to go brittle.

Remember, with lycojet you're applying thinly, so it sets quickly.

Literally apply, dispose of the spatula press into the wax then remove.

Whole process on, say, an eyebrow, should take about 8-10secs per strip.

If its a particularly hot room I would apply to one eyebrow, apply to the other, press into the first, press into the second then remove in order too.

This buys you a little longer setting time without slowing down your appointment.

Latest posts

Back