Lycon or Perron Rigot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
I'm very new to waxing and would like to train further but I'm very confused out of these 2 as to which to pick? They both seem like extremely good waxes reading all the threads/reviews, I just need a push in the right direction from some of you more experienced waxers :) please x

I mean "rigot" sorry!

I use Perron Rigot and love it.

I don't know a lot about Lycon other than it comes in huge blocks that you have to smash up with a hammer to get it in your wax pot. Perron Rigot comes in beads that you just pour into your tin or pot and you just add more beads when you need to.

You have to train with Lycon as well before you can purchase their wax. As baggybear said, there is a thread at the moment about how people get the wax into the pot. Smashing wax up with a hammer is too much faff for me, when there are other excellent waxes on the market. That's just me though. :)

I use Perron Rigot and love it.

I don't know a lot about Lycon other than it comes in huge blocks that you have to smash up with a hammer to get it in your wax pot. Perron Rigot comes in beads that you just pour into your tin or pot and you just add more beads when you need to.

Hi Baggybear! Can I ask which pot yous recommend for a beginner in eye treatments? I don't really like the big ones from Sally's 😝

I love Perron Rigot and you can do extra training and workshops if you want to <3 tried others but always go back to it xx

I'm a lycon girl.

Smashing up wax is a bit of a faff, but to be honest with you, it only takes 2 mins and you can always do a couple of blocks at a time so it lasts you longer.

I really love the lycojet wax and so do my clients, and even though I held a waxing certificate I found the additional training invaluable.

I'm also a Lycon girl and love it. I use the Lycotec hot wax that comes in pop n to trays so no smashing involved but as Laurasnowwhite said the block take only a min to smash!

I haven't tried PR as its not available in Australia so I can't comment but by the sounds of it its a fab wax.

Re training to use Lycon I agree 100% with Laurasnowhite. My clients love Lycon, I also hold a wax cert but found the additional Lycon training was beneficial!

Hi Candy Starrstarr
I use Perron Rigot waxes and love them its a good quality wax and gives good results.
Perron Rigot have regular Discovery Days (next London one is 9th July) and when you go on one of these days you get the chance to try out the whole range of their waxes both non strip and strip waxes so you can try before you buy and you can practice on each other with the waxes and see which ones you prefer. At the end of the DD you get a free goodie bag with some wax beads, pre wax cleanser and oil to sample at home.

HTH Jack

LYCON all the way!

Perron Rigot is the best in personal opinion. I've used it for many years now and I teach with it. Many of my students who came to me using Lycon and loved it, switched to Perron Rigot after using it. Try both and see what you think.

You don't need to pay for training to order PR as it's so easy to use.

I use Perron Rigot and have no complaints. I do like the look of Lycon waxes more for the colours on the waxes than anything else. I feel both are quality products so you won't be disappointed by either.

I tried different waxes as found Perron too expensive. I was back within a week to Perron. Best wax ever if you want to feel confident when waxing especially course hair x

I always laugh when people say PR I'd expensive. I know we all have different budgets and I'm certainly not dissing anyone, but for the return you get on a tin or bag of wax beads, don't you think it's reasonably priced?

I don't think PR is expensive when you consider the fact that your clients will love it as much as you will. All my clients tell me how gentle the wax is, that keeps them coming back. If clients love it they spread the word.

I can't compare to Lycon as never tried it but I have used some of the cheaper ones.

PR for me every time along with training, if you feel it's required with Kim Lawless.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm very new to waxing and would like to train further but I'm very confused out of these 2 as to which to pick? They both seem like extremely good waxes reading all the threads/reviews, I just need a push in the right direction from some of you more experienced waxers :) please x

Try both and decide for yourself. Only you will know what works best for you. When it comes to price don't just look at £s to weight but £s to number of quality treatments.

Thanks guys! After a lot of thought and research (on here) and all of your comments I think I'm going to give Perron rigot a go :)

Could you point me in the right direction of what I need to start out? I need hot wax and strip wax, do I need to use an oil first with both waxes? Sorry for all the questions I'm completely new to waxing and appreciate all your advice :) x

Go to one of their open days they run. Phone them up and they will give samples too.

There is a discovery day on the 3rd September , not sure how many places they have left if you want to book. It's a great way to try out the range and see how the waxes, oils and cleansers all work. You also get a free goodie bag with includes a sample bag of non strip wax , the jasmine oil and cleanser to take away.

Yes the oil is used underneath both the strip and non strip waxes.

HTH jack

There is a discovery day on the 3rd September , not sure how many places they have left if you want to book. It's a great way to try out the range and see how the waxes, oils and cleansers all work. You also get a free goodie bag with includes a sample bag of non strip wax , the jasmine oil and cleanser to take away.

Yes the oil is used underneath both the strip and non strip waxes.

HTH jack

Lovely thank you, do you know where the open day is? Don't worry of not I shall give them a call anyway :)

Latest posts

Back