Lying about qualifications.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smooth

Reaction score
This is a little story about what happened to me this weekend. I was shopping in a well known shopping area when I saw a teeth whitening stand, the girls were wearing a uniform and were handing out professional looking leaflets.

Me: "Who does the treatments?"
Girl: "We all do"
Me: "What are your qualifications?"
Girl: "We're all dental professionals" offering me a leaflet
Me: "Are you dentists?"
Girl: "The dentist is in tomorrow but we can do it today"
Me: "Thank you, I'll call tomorrow (taking a leaflet with the phone number on it)"

So the next day I called the number and was put through to the local stand.

Me: "Hi, can I speak to the dentist please?"
Guy: "that's me"
Me: "Great have you any appointments today for teeth whitening?"
Guy: "Yes 2pm"
Me: "Fantastic, see you then, can you give me your GMC number please?"
Guy: "pardon?"
Me: "Can I have your GMC number or your name so that I can check your registration on the GMC website?"
Guy: "Err the thing is I don't have one, I'm not registered with the GDC"
Me: "So you're not a dentist then?"
Guy: " "

Utter silence! I wonder how many others asked the same questions, is it something you would do? x

I would ask for qualifications now.

But before reading the threads on here regarding teeth whitening booths, I would have taken it at face value. At Christmas, my hubby & I were shopping at Westfield and they had a booth there. I enquired about whitening for my daughter. It wasn't until later it came on to the local news that this "booth" had been closed down due to damaging clients teeth!!

So thank you Smooth, I will now only go to my DENTIST, as they're fully qualified to carry out these treatments. :)

I would ask for qualifications now.

But before reading the threads on here regarding teeth whitening booths, I would have taken it at face value. At Christmas, my hubby & I were shopping at Westfield and they had a booth there. I enquired about whitening for my daughter. It wasn't until later it came on to the local news that this "booth" had been closed down due to damaging clients teeth!!

So thank you Smooth, I will now only go to my DENTIST, as they're fully qualified to carry out these treatments. :)

Oh no, how awful that this happened to people but better for it to be closed down than be left open to do harm. x

Oh no, how awful that this happened to people but better for it to be closed down than be left open to do harm. x

Sorry... your post makes it sound like you're sorry for the booth that has been closed down! Why be sorry for people that are damaging other people's teeth? Definitely better they be closed down rather than cause damage.

Sorry... your post makes it sound like you're sorry for the booth that has been closed down! Why be sorry for people that are damaging other people's teeth? Definitely better they be closed down rather than cause damage.

Isn't she sorry for the people whose teeth they wrecked?? That's the impression I get...?

Isn't she sorry for the people whose teeth they wrecked?? That's the impression I get...?

I get the same impression - I read it as she is sorry for the customers x

Latest posts

Back