MAC foundation advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shel84

Reaction score
Im qualified to do make up but never used MAC products before and was hoping to do my wedding makeup myself next year.

I want something that is going to look great in photos, give good flawless coverage as im prone to blemishes and with my luck will break out in spots right before the wedding! But most of all I want it to last!

Any advice appreciated

I think mac is overrated.Avon and no7 do some amazing foundations :)

Personally I do find mac the best for everything!!! studio fix or studio sculpt give flawless finishes, I use them for make-ups all the time at the salon and the results are amazing!! The coverage is brilliant , always apply with the foundation brush, for the best application. You will get a shade to suit anybodys skin , the one i find suits everyone is the nc25 or the nc30 for somebody who is tanned.

Yes,always use a foundation brush! Loreal match perfect is also great and one called fond de teint by mavalia is really good :)

Thanks for the replies :)

I have tried lots of different foundations mainly bourjois, loreal, maybelline
I use bourjois healthy mix everyday but want something amazing for my wedding! lol

I was looking at the studio fix on the MAC website or the face and body? anyone used this?

the studio fix is great for covering any blemishes, i personaly wear it daily but other people find it a little thick an cakey if not applied well. Face and body is very a light coverage its lovely for everyday for a bit of a tint. Ther new prolong foundation (or w.e its called) has a medium coverage and is not as matte as the studio fix..drys very quick but i do like it. You should go down to mac an ask for a sample, you usually get enough for a face then you can see how it lasts/looks/feels.

I use studio fix its great makes my skin look flawless. I would go to mac and just ask them... if you get a set of eyelashes too they will do your eye make up and most of the time will do your foundation also, so will give you a better idea of which products to use while getting your make-up done for you :-D

I use studio fix in NC30 as well, I have very oily skin & it lasts the longest of any foundation I've tried (& I have tried just about everything out there lol) ...I still have to try their new foundation though, the long wear one.

Face & Body, I don't really like it, it's very sheer coverage & it would be more for somebody with dry skin. It doesn't last very long either

I was a loyal Estee Lauder Double wear user for years and couldn't find another foundation that lasted as long and gave as good coverage but just recently i discovered the Mac Studio fix , I use NC25 and thought it gave an even better coverage and is a more natural colour than the double wear, You would definately need to go to a Mac Counter to get the correct colour match.

Their new pro longwear foundation is really good and lasts all day. But the studio fix fluid is lovely too.

Estae Lauder Double Wear is excellent - gives great coverage but without a cakey look.

Have you taught about doing a bridal make up course - i did one lately and found it very good.

Ditto a course. You'll learn so much. Ester Lauder double wear is fab. But for good all round colours and mixability, mac face and body is my number one. It builds, so you can tailor the coverage.

Don't forget the importance of your base/moisturiser/primer. Primers can perfect the skin in different ways, and can make foundations perform
Differently. So a foundation that you think is rubbish on one person, can be transformed with a good primer :)

Thanks for the replies :)

I have tried lots of different foundations mainly bourjois, loreal, maybelline
I use bourjois healthy mix everyday but want something amazing for my wedding! lol

I was looking at the studio fix on the MAC website or the face and body? anyone used this?
It gives a glowey look to the skin , not great for a drier skin I find. You can build it up on the skin for coverage. However i wouldnt reccomend it for a congested skin ,the studio fix or studio sculpt is your only Man!!!!

Latest posts

Back