Mac make-up....Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngawler10

Reaction score
Sooo... i am finally building up my make up kit as i have bookings coming up!! i have 100% decided i want mac foundation i have used it myself for 2 years now n i cant say a bad word against it.

i just wondered what you geeks thought were the best foundations / powders (well 1s i absolutely will need) I use studio fix so i was thinking would NC15, Nw15 NW25, Nc30 n NW35 FOUNDATIONS be enough to start as i could mix them?

Alternatively the lady in mac suggested i invest in matchmaker foundation?? it is a little more expensive but it only comes in 10 shades so would be easier / cheaper in the long run to build up my kit.

Any thoughts on foundations or any other recommendations for different products would be great:) x

Do you mean the Matchmaster foundation? That's my personal foundation of choice at the moment but not one that I have in my kit. I think that you can't go wrong wit face & Body, it's light but buildable and it comes in white which is indispensable.

Full Coverage from MAC Pro is also handy to have in your kit, but of you're just starting out I'd say not necessary.

On the whole, MAC foundations are not very well loved by make up artists, so I'd say don't limit yourself to just MAC. Get some Face and Body in a few shades but look elsewhere for others. Try searching some older threads for what people's favourites are.

woops on another planet yes i ment matchmaster foundation. oh okay thanks il have a little look :) x x

woops on another planet yes i ment matchmaster foundation. oh okay thanks il have a little look :) x x

I kept getting matchmaker in my head when it came out!

Getting off the chocolate topic, lol... I haven't used it, but I keep hearing Ilamasqua's skin base foundation is brilliant. I too am going to start building my make up kit as I'm planning to jump on the bridal/prom make up band wagon. Its such a mine field as pro products are so expensive and you need such a variety of shades of foundation. I suppose you can mix them, but when your starting out its all trial and error.

Getting off the chocolate topic, lol... I haven't used it, but I keep hearing Ilamasqua's skin base foundation is brilliant. I too am going to start building my make up kit as I'm planning to jump on the bridal/prom make up band wagon. Its such a mine field as pro products are so expensive and you need such a variety of shades of foundation. I suppose you can mix them, but when your starting out its all trial and error.

I've had a few samples of Skin Base and it is really good but definitely not suitable for very dry or very oily skin. Fantastic range of shades x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I love Illamasqua and have it in my kit. I dont love MAC foundations but I do have face & body in my kit.

I would get the lightest and darkest of each colour range and then you can mix. Nc35 is not that dark really.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back