Magazines for Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy-Jayne

Reaction score
I don't tend to offer clients magazines for when they're waiting for a treatment as I aim to get the receptionists talking to the clients about our treatments and products etc....

I've got a few industry magazines around, press clippings about our skin care range etc, but not your usual Heat, Now, Cosmo etc.

The reason I ask is because I had a client get quite annoyed that we didn't have any the other day, and something short of going out and buying a few every week, it's not really something I want to do!

How many of you do / don't provide magazines?

If you don't, what are your reasons and what do you do to 'entertain' your customers?

Thanks xx

I usually have a local paper and a copy of Grazia or similar, mainly because I quite like to read those myself, and so its not an extra effort to have something different! I occasioanlly have others....but I guess as I'm a one-woman salon, then people are usually getting personal attention. If I have 2 friends book in together I'll make sure there is something then.

I think the magazines you offer can say also a lot about your salon as well.

For example, I personally wouldn't put out those trashy gossip mags that are full of 'real-life' incredulous stories......battered copies of these all over the place doesn't appeal to my clientele, who are slightly more discerning! But I might occasionally have Hello! (we do all like some gossip!) or Red....something that has articles of interest to people like them

i have a range of magazines in my salon, such as OK! Hello! Elle, Vogue etc as well as some Home and Gardens mags and obviously some spanish magazines, (as im in Spain).
i dont think having gossip magazines portrays that your a trashy kinda salon or someone that lives up to the whole celebrity hype, i find that most of my clients pick up the OK magazines before they would pick up a home and gardens mag, because i think most women like a bit of gossip or to see the latest fashion trends, even the more executive/business women clients i have seem to want to read those more than anyone else. and the area i live in is quite wealthy for southern spain......
i leave magazines aside whilst a client is having a pedicure as well as in the reception area, which 8/10 clients pick up and read (after having a nice long chat with me that is...!) so i think its quite important to have magazines in the salon, its gives clients an extra, some people cant sit with nothing in their hands for too long!!

I buy one or two magazines a month & I have a few clients who bring in their magazines for me when they've finished with them. I tend to have a food magazine, a home decoration/garden one and a copy of Sussex Life (local lifestyle magazine).

I never have gossip rags in my clinic, mainly because I have no time for idle & often foundationless gossip about people I don't even know & because I personally think they make the place look cheap & tacky!

The magazines are mainly there for pedicures, but people sometimes read them whilst waiting. Client's often comment on how it's nice to have the chance to sit down & read a magazine as at home they never have the time.

Latest posts

Back