Mahogany over bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren21

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who I previously coloured about 3 months ago with bleached foils on the top and half 5/0 + half 5/07 with 6% put through the rest of the hair. She has a short layered style with about 50% grey. She now has a few bleached highlights on the ends but wants her base colour darker with mahogany foils ( thinking 55/55) Question is I usually put the foils in first but I am worried about the bleach on the ends.I am thinking of taking the base shade slightly darker maybe half base 4, half base 5 with some warmth. Would you apply the tint all over first then add the foils afterwards. Also how much would the 55/55 show on the tinted hair and what volume peroxide would you use.Thanks in advance:)

The best way to do this is to first apply a porosity balancer.
I would then pre-pig the whole head with copper and dry in.
Apply your mahogany foils first. In this mix I would 2/3 target shade and 1/3 target base with 3%.
Then flood the rest with your darker colour. I would make 2 mixes.A 6% mix for the re-growth and a 3% mix for the ends. I wouldn't use 4 and 5 together as it may look a bit 'muddy' against the red. Pick a target base 4 with a warm red tinge to it, it will compliment better, remembering to add a small amount of base into ends mix. This will make it cling to the blonde ends better.

Latest posts

Back