Majicontrast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I have just put a few majicontrast flashes on a client who previously had red flashes put in that faded really quickly, on consultation I found that the previous hairdresser had pre bleached the flashes ( she has used box colours for ages bout a 4)to quite a light blonde then went on to pop the red over, it faded very quickly, within a few washes.

I have used majicontrast straight over the faded flashes with majicontrast and 20vol, the colour was quite good but I can see its not gonna last, I have been thinking what I could do next !!! What about if I used the same red but with say 10 vol ? as soon as it start fading to build the colour up ? :confused:

reds fade......... FACT!!
they are a blooming pain!!
you really just need build up to sort this...
i would think by using 10 vol you are just making it more of a quasi???
it will still fade!!
what should of been done in the first place is bleach up to copper then do the red!!
i'm surprised it didn't go PINK!!??:eek:
have you tried suggesting something like revlon colour condioner treatment?? it can be retailed to you client for top ups between colours x

Hi,
Yes i hav used it with 10vol to just deposit tone as it will last longer, maybe if u need to mix it with 20vol for lift at the root and 10 vol on the ends. Or have you tried using revlon colourbombs or Schwarzkopf duality or action paint. They are true semi permanents that boost the red in between times last up to 20 washes. They are super handy! they can be retailed too so client can do it herself at home.
:)

I know reds fade ! I've been in the buisness 26 years ! :lol:

Yes 10vol would make it more like a quasi but I thought it might suck up more colour than using 20.

Hi,
Yes i hav used it with 10vol to just deposit tone as it will last longer, maybe if u need to mix it with 20vol for lift at the root and 10 vol on the ends. Or have you tried using revlon colourbombs or Schwarzkopf duality or action paint. They are true semi permanents that boost the red in between times last up to 20 washes. They are super handy! they can be retailed too so client can do it herself at home.
:)

Thank you Juules for your fast reply, I am going to use it with 10vol in a couple of weeks. I was suprised at the degree of lift I got with it on the tinted hair, I thought it was nicer than on the pre lightned faded flashes, its good stuff !

hi , you could use a fudge semi red over the top (the crazy colours). Or pick a bright red out of your usual colour range and apply over the red. If im thinking of the right colour maji contrast has a lightener in the colour...so it prelightens and deposits colour at the same time..Ive used this a lot and if you keep putting it on it will just wash out really quick and go blonde. This is why i use the fudge because it stains the hair where it is already prelightened and doesnt wash out as quick. hth

hi , i agree with bandit, are you using a lightening colour when you dont need to? And if you want to lift the natural regrowth and tone the ends , i dont think on pre bleached hair that thecolour will stay . Could you do alternate foils on the flashe s , one majicontrast to lift and a semi to tone? , or you could prelighten again and then use a crazy colour on top.

Hi Liana, Yer need to use a lightning colour to give some sort of lift on the tinted areas, NB to all hairdressers before I get told off...I know tint isnt supposed to lift tint but I find the majicontrast will to a degree :lol:

I think I will advise her to let ne get her a fudge or the duality so she can just keep popping it on herself. She's a poor candidate for red flashes, she washer and straightens every day !!!!!:eek:

hey lilly soundz lyk u got yer hand full:rolleyes: i think uv got the right idea,i cn c where the othas r coming frm but the majicontrast does lift to a degree on tinted hair-gota say though if u can get yer paws on a revlon colour balls 4 ye client 2 take home inbetween visits i strongly recommend em ther f%&$en brilliant ur client will feel real special 4 taken a prezzi home:green::green:

could do but too much faffing about for me ! I will advise the temp colour

Latest posts

Back