majicontrast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I've got a new client who has been using box colours on her hair for a long time, she;s about a 2 to 3. She want to have some red foils through the top section and a deep brown all over, I really dont want to be bothering with pre lightning the foils then putting the red on, so my question is has anyone used the red majicontrast over a box colour with good results, and did you use a 10 or 20 vol peoxide ?

I'm not sure if that will work as not tried but will myself be using that colour on some foils that I have pre lightend to a gingery orange hopefully it will look good as the well 0/45 washed straight out gggrrrr
Be good to know what the others say x

I'm not sure if that will work as not tried but will myself be using that colour on some foils that I have pre lightend to a gingery orange hopefully it will look good as the well 0/45 washed straight out gggrrrr
Be good to know what the others say x

Just read up on the contrast, it can be used on a pre coloured level of 3 too 5 with 20 vol. I'll give it a go !:Scared:

Let us know how it goes Lol I will kick myself as spent over an hour pre lightening as it lifted sooooo slow then half hour for the 0/45 all for it to wash out and me to go back! What a bugger lol

I've used majicontrast with 6 and 9% and it always lifts up on dark coloured hair! from a 3 up as you said!

Wow wish I knew this before I wasted so much time haha oh well now I know :0) love this site!!

Hi, I use maji contrast a lot on base 5 and it is fab! have used as low as base 4 and just as good, the magenta red is fab too deep pink colour - lovely! looks lovely against blonde hair or dark

Hi cAn u add the majicontrast red into say a 3 to give it sone red tones? Do u know if that works only tried 3/0 and 0/45 got nothing and then tried another tint with red tones and got nothing apart from bleach bathing which client dont want she has for now given up with the red idea but after using this the other day it got me wondering ?!? Can it be intermixed with a base 3 ?!
Thanks x

Hi cAn u add the majicontrast red into say a 3 to give it sone red tones? Do u know if that works only tried 3/0 and 0/45 got nothing and then tried another tint with red tones and got nothing apart from bleach bathing which client dont want she has for now given up with the red idea but after using this the other day it got me wondering ?!? Can it be intermixed with a base 3 ?!
Thanks x

I would use MajiMix with other colours, not MajiContrast. I've never heard of anyone mixing majicontrast. X

I have to admit I mix a small amount of it in with a base 4 for my own hair and i know other hairdressers i work with have done this for theirs, but I think if it says in instructions not to mix it I prob wouldn't on clients, look at the instructions! x

If you look on the colour chart the Majicontrast "red" looks exactly like the Majirouge Mix 0.600. You can mix majirouge mix but majicontrast are designed to be used solitary and not on full head application (includes mixing). Try swapping for the majirouge mix see how you get on with that ;)

I only mixed it in for mine as I needed a bit of lift as my hair was slightly darker,which worked perfectly as I wanted but I said I thought it wasn't designed for mixing as you just confirmed so I def wouldn't do this on clients! an def def def NOT on the scalp!
( one of my colleagues puts it on hers full head an it's really sore I don't know why she puts herself through it when there's plenty of reds t pick from!)

Latest posts

Back