Make up artist discount

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty_Geek

Reaction score
To get pro discount you need proof that you are a working artist. Forexample, a call sheet, tear sheet etc. Each brand will soecify what you need when you apply.

I've just looked at the blog post you linked to - it actuyally tells you at the bottom and states what I said plus more.

All of the ones I've applied for have specified what they need, as Andrea85 said.

Usually I send a scan of my drivers license (if they request ID), scan of my business card showing link to my website and scans of my make-up related certificates.

Cheers guys :)

I've only done a vtct level 2 with make up as a module as well as a couple of other short courses. Do you think this is enough of a qualification?

Xx

Hi

Not sure on all brands but I have a discount with MAC & Illamasqua! For MAC I took my certificate, business card and insurance. Illamasqua was completed online. Contact individual companies and enquire as some offer it and some don’t. From memory, NARS was difficult to obtain.

Hope this helps

ps, nvq 3 beauty let me obtain a discount

Cheers guys :)

I've only done a vtct level 2 with make up as a module as well as a couple of other short courses. Do you think this is enough of a qualification?

Xx

They generally don't accept qualifications, they want proof that you are working. As stated in the article and above; call sheets, website etc.

Yeah they want to know you haven't just done the training and left it at that. Do you have a website? a link to that / business card is normally enough.

Hi

Not sure on all brands but I have a discount with MAC & Illamasqua! For MAC I took my certificate, business card and insurance. Illamasqua was completed online. Contact individual companies and enquire as some offer it and some don’t. From memory, NARS was difficult to obtain.

Hope this helps

ps, nvq 3 beauty let me obtain a discount

When you say you took your cert, do you mean you were able to sort it through one of there stores?

Can I ask if you are a beauty therapist who does make up ie bridal, can you still qualify? My website and business card are for a beauty salon. I do a lot of bridal make up however xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Can I ask if you are a beauty therapist who does make up ie bridal, can you still qualify? My website and business card are for a beauty salon. I do a lot of bridal make up however xx

Yeah some do , I'm sure mac do, you just might not get as high a % off

Yeah some do , I'm sure mac do, you just might not get as high a % off

Fantastic. It's worth trying anyway. Thanks for replying :) xx

Fantastic. It's worth trying anyway. Thanks for replying :) xx

Deffo! I apply for them all, the worst they can do is say no. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Deffo! I apply for them all, the worst they can do is say no. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Exactly. I will give it a shot :)

Miss my Estee Lauder discount where you got between 66-75% off the whole brand including mac, bobbi brown, clinique, creme de la mer, tom ford, aveda, prescriptives, ojon, bumble & bumble, smashbox, origins and jo malone. Le sigh..... xxx

Latest posts

Back