Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't let me share it saying it's 2 large file x

See it's all cracked ? I've tried looking on website I got it but nothing's showing, do you think I should contact them ? X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    631 KB · Views: 103
Hello geeks.
Can anyone recommend some glitter eye shadows - I'm looking for "subtle glitter" if there is such a thing [emoji5]️ it's nearly prom season after all

X

Who's got the RMCA foundation palette ? Did it arrive with cracks all in the colours ? I was a little shocked at how cracked they are x

Mine wasn't like that.
But could it be due to the weather? It's been quite chilly so maybe that has affected it whilst it was on its way to you.

Once it's warm you should be able to just smooth it out.
x

Mine wasn't like that.
But could it be due to the weather? It's been quite chilly so maybe that has affected it whilst it was on its way to you.

Once it's warm you should be able to just smooth it out.
x

I'm thinking maybe that. I just don't want to try on clients and it not be good. Going to try on myself tomorrow. I did Google it like I google everything lol it did say it can do it but fine when warmed up though x

I use

Erm it depends chick I have all different again lol for purples I have morphe 35p which are all different vibrancy of purples. Theirs the urban decay electric which is literally all neons or a cheaper version to that is the sleek palette 'acid' x
Thank you! I was looking at the sleek palette so may just get one to try as they are cheap enough. I'm really new to makeup at the moment so don't want to spend a fortune on practise x

See it's all cracked ? I've tried looking on website I got it but nothing's showing, do you think I should contact them ? X

Mine hasn't been like that, ever! I would contact them as RCMA pride themselves on being fabfabfab! X

Mine hasn't been like that, ever! I would contact them as RCMA pride themselves on being fabfabfab! X

Well they've offered to replace it where I bought it, but if it is same I'd have wasted time on delivery. They did say it is sensitive to temperature and is like freezing in these parts even snowing.
Has yours dried up with temperature do you know ? I may contact Rcma and ask them rather than where I bought it x

Just an update on rcma, it was due to the really cold weather and its normal for it to be like that. I've warmed it up a little in my spare room as its warmer in there and gone to looking 'normal' now ☺️

Has anyone tried the cover fx drops ? I've ordered a bottle to try out and looking for opinions please x

Hello geeks.
Can anyone recommend some glitter eye shadows - I'm looking for "subtle glitter" if there is such a thing [emoji5]️ it's nearly prom season after all

X

Eeeek prom season! :D if you want real glittery I like the collection 2000 glam crystals eye liners! :D I recently got an estee lauder pallette and that had a really nice sparkly blue, I think it was envious orchid? Maybe? Lol

Morning. I need a little help with setting the under eye area. It always creases and I don't know why I'll list my steps and see anything I'm doing wrong or differently.
* moisturise
*prime with face primer
*colour correct if need be
* concealer
* set with powder - just bought the laura mercier.
- Brushes I use are morphe brushes concealer brush, my beauty blender dampened and real techniques brush.
I'm lost and I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it always ends up dry and sits not well

Morning. I need a little help with setting the under eye area. It always creases and I don't know why I'll list my steps and see anything I'm doing wrong or differently.
* moisturise
*prime with face primer
*colour correct if need be
* concealer
* set with powder - just bought the laura mercier.
- Brushes I use are morphe brushes concealer brush, my beauty blender and real techniques brush for

I know many use a brush to set but I recently
Saw a video on YouTube by Kevin J Bennett and he used a powder puff (think that's what it's called) to set under eyes and the rest of the face.
I've been doing this on myself for the past 3 weeks and it's stopped any creasing I had under my eyes (its been happening to me like half way through the day and is really stressing me out- think it's due to me being puffy & pregnant lol)

And also I've noticed my make up lasting longer without using setting spray or a primer on myself.
I'll try and find a video to show you what I mean. I'm really quiet with make up at the moment but think I'm going to try it on some of my friends to see if it makes a difference on people other than me.
Xx

Here's another, couldn't find the original I saw but this is exactly the same. It's an old technique so I don't know why j haven't seen it before [emoji85]

Here's another, couldn't find the original I saw but this is exactly the same. It's an old technique so I don't know why j haven't seen it before [emoji85]

Cheers love, I don't know I've thought myself either lol it just really annoys me as it looks lovely until I put the powder on lol x

Just an update on rcma, it was due to the really cold weather and its normal for it to be like that. I've warmed it up a little in my spare room as its warmer in there and gone to looking 'normal' now [emoji5]️

Has anyone tried the cover fx drops ? I've ordered a bottle to try out and looking for opinions please x
Hi Pariss, just wondering which palette you bought, where from, and what you think of it?? I'm looking to buy some myself... Thanks!

Hi Pariss, just wondering which palette you bought, where from, and what you think of it?? I'm looking to buy some myself... Thanks!

Hi, I bought the VK10 colour palette. I got it from love makeup. I do like it but don't think it's the best thing ever but I'm still getting used to it. I tend to get just as good coverage from say my cover fx drops x

Hi, I bought the VK10 colour palette. I got it from love makeup. I do like it but don't think it's the best thing ever but I'm still getting used to it. I tend to get just as good coverage from say my cover fx drops x

Agreed - I've found that I'm not using the RCMA as much now as I had a few complaints from clients that it wasn't lasting, and I find it quite tough to work with. But nevertheless I'm still glad I bought it as my 'Back up' if I am ever struggling for a skin colour. x

Agreed - I've found that I'm not using the RCMA as much now as I had a few complaints from clients that it wasn't lasting, and I find it quite tough to work with. But nevertheless I'm still glad I bought it as my 'Back up' if I am ever struggling for a skin colour. x

I always get that it lasts, I just don't rate it for coverage as much as it is meant to be what 55% coverage or something but it takes quite a bit of building for me. I use it more for cream contouring and a little concealer to be honest lol.
What do you usaltl use for full coverage ? I do like my cover fx drops though x

I always get that it lasts, I just don't rate it for coverage as much as it is meant to be what 55% coverage or something but it takes quite a bit of building for me. I use it more for cream contouring and a little concealer to be honest lol.
What do you usaltl use for full coverage ? I do like my cover fx drops though x
I use either two coats of Mac Pro Longwear for drier skins or Estee Lauder Double Wear for a full coverage.

Yeh its 50%+ pigment, the rest is waxes etc. so its definitely got the colour! I think its a bit tricky to work with.

I use either two coats of Mac Pro Longwear for drier skins or Estee Lauder Double Wear for a full coverage.

Yeh its 50%+ pigment, the rest is waxes etc. so its definitely got the colour! I think its a bit tricky to work with.

What do you use to set your double wear? I'm a bit reluctant to try it on anyone because of flashback. x

Latest posts

Back