Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It mightn't be a pro brand, but for anyone worried about their lipsticks not lasting, I've had this on for over 14 hours. Obviously, l it's not perfect, but i have the feeling that this will be a scrub off in the morning job!

It's bobbi brown in party pink.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1405452146123.jpg
    1405452146123.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 293
It mightn't be a pro brand, but for anyone worried about their lipsticks not lasting, I've had this on for over 14 hours. Obviously, l it's not perfect, but i have the feeling that this will be a scrub off in the morning job!

I see Bobbi as a pro brand! I've worked for the company and Bobbi's products are high quality and long lasting.
Lipstick looks great on you :) x

Bobbi Brown not a Pro brand? it certainly features in the kit of many make up artists and is definitely a high end brand. And, Bobbi herself is of course a pro make up artist!

Bobbi Brown not a Pro brand? it certainly features in the kit of many make up artists and is definitely a high end brand. And, Bobbi herself is of course a pro make up artist!

I am quite aware, and would class it as one myself. And I never once said about it being anything less than high end! :)

I said that as it was mentioned earlier in the thread about BB and MAC...

Loving this thread! I have recently completed an ITEC in fashion and photographic makeup as I didn't feel I got enough out of my level 2 make up unit.

No one has really mentioned them here but does anyone have any feedback on Sigma brushes? They look good online and are quite pricey so I want to check before purchasing what their reputation is like. I currently use mainly real techniques with a few (I'm slowly building up more!) MAC and Louise Yonge brushes.

My biggest tip would be to research and apply for all your pro discounts, especially the free schemes - I bought the majority of my kit while I was still training and clueless about student schemes and it makes me very sad how much more I could have gotten for the money I spent if I had the discounts!

What did you think of the ITEC fashion & photographic diploma? I've been considering it as don't feel confident with just level 2.

I'm not sure is my honest answer! But that could just be the style of my tutor. For the cost of it (over £2k) I do think I should have shopped around a bit more, looking at what's available further afield in London and Manchester rather than only what is local to me.

I think the extra practice in a 'safe' environment has helped with my confidence and what I get out of it most is the portfolio shoots we do once a month and really analysing how the photos look as to where improvements need to be made. I don't really feel like I've learnt a new technique or been taught a better way of doing things, but my tutor gears the course towards working as a freelance professional where you have to figure things out for yourself. Your own research is very much encouraged as that is what you have to do as a freelance to keep up with trends etc. I would have probably benefitted more from some one on one time along side this to really troubleshoot where my weaker areas are.

If you're looking for more practice to build your confidence I think it's a good course, plus you get a whole load of portfolio shots at the end of it!

Loving this thread! I have recently completed an ITEC in fashion and photographic makeup as I didn't feel I got enough out of my level 2 make up unit.

No one has really mentioned them here but does anyone have any feedback on Sigma brushes? They look good online and are quite pricey so I want to check before purchasing what their reputation is like. I currently use mainly real techniques with a few (I'm slowly building up more!) MAC and Louise Yonge brushes.

My biggest tip would be to research and apply for all your pro discounts, especially the free schemes - I bought the majority of my kit while I was still training and clueless about student schemes and it makes me very sad how much more I could have gotten for the money I spent if I had the discounts!

Sigma brushes are ace!! Love them.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sigma brushes are lovely!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I have heard good things about senna foundation has anyone used this or any reviews on it? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Whats peoples thoughts on mac face and body foundation?

whats eveyones favourite translucent / setting powder?

apologies all the questions im diversifying/upgrading my kit

Love it. It's waterproof so very long lasting. It can be worn lovely and sheer for those with good skin or you can build the coverage and really work it into the skin for those that need it. I also love that it comes in white so you can get an exact match, even on skin as pale as mine!

I really love it too, it will always be in my kit!
As for setting powder I love MAC prep and prime setting powder, applied with the powder puff it makes you look airbrushed, great for all ages too as it doesn't settle in lines x

I really love it too, it will always be in my kit!
As for setting powder I love MAC prep and prime setting powder, applied with the powder puff it makes you look airbrushed, great for all ages too as it doesn't settle in lines x

thank you - how do you find it with flashback?

are there different tones in it?

whats eveyones favourite translucent / setting powder?

apologies all the questions im diversifying/upgrading my kit

Illamasqua or Laura Mercier. The latter being a bit pricey but it is worth it. 40% pro discount on Illamasqua though so better going for that one.

thank you - how do you find it with flashback?

are there different tones in it?

I don't get any flashback from it, it's one shade that suits all. X

Illamasqua or Laura Mercier. The latter being a bit pricey but it is worth it. 40% pro discount on Illamasqua though so better going for that one.

right this is along shot but thought id ask

mac f & b being repackaged wont be out to end of august and I cant get colours I want

looking at illamsqua skin base but nearest shop 2 1/2 hours away

I was colour matched in mac f &b for c6 - any ideas on what would be closest to that in skin base?

and which of the skin base shades do you use most?

Use the foundation matrix guide on Temptalia :) x

Anyone know a drugstore alternative to ysl touch eclat? Or anything similar?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back