Make up brushes, what do I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee dee beauty

Reaction score
Hi im doing a make-up course and have a limited range of brushes. Dont know where to buy good quality reasonably priced one, can anyone help?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Crown brush do some amazing decent quality brushes, I particularly like the delux oval foundation brush , and the eyeshadow blending brush c443 it's identical to the mac 217 which my favourite blending brush .

For foundation and blushers I also like real techniques , they can be found in boots quite often in the 3 for 2 deals.

However my favourite brushes are Mac personally , I could nt live without the 209 and 210 for eyeliner and a 266 for brows etc . So I see them as an investment , good quality brushes will last a lifetime if taken care of , so I buy one at a time when I'm in mac .

I use mac myself but find them expensive. I suppose ur rite they are an investment but was looking cheaper ones for my kit

I have a lot of mac, real techniques and sigma brushes and I have loads of crown as back ups and ones I like to have multiples of! If you take care of good quality brushes they will last such a long time and they are easier to work with too!

Amanda xx

Mac are fabulous I love mine.
And try looking at smashbox they have beautiful blending brushes and benefit !

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thanks girls
Where can i buy the crown ones?

Just type crown brush into google and their website will pop up

Just my opinion... but I actually don't think that MAC brushes are worth the money anymore when you have excellent brands like Sigma, Crown and bdellium all at a much lower price. (Not to say they're not good brushes because they are, but there's others of comparable quality and lower price. Plus now that MAC animal test, I don't buy them anymore anyway and will probably sell the brushes I do have on ebay!

I think my favourite brushes are Furless, bdellium and Real Techniques. But I also love Sigma brushes, they're excellent. Crown brushes are also very good and very reasonable and you can apply for a pro discount.

If you had to pick one favorite brand out of those what would it be?

I also think the mac brushes are overpriced with the markup that goes on them for retail

Real techniques and crown again for me also one brush
I cannot live without is my urban decay optical blurring brush

If you had to pick one favorite brand out of those what would it be?

I have favourites from them all. But sigma or crown if you wanna get them all from one place.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I also think the mac brushes are overpriced with the markup that goes on them for retail

If you are a MUA you can get a pro card and get the brushes and make up for 30% off I think or not sure if all countries are the same.
I have not heard of crown but sounds good, always nice to hear of new products and companies.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Where do u buy the sigma&crown ones?

I bought some real techniques brushes today and was impressed with the result. Makeup looked and felt different using then to apply! Im not make up trained (yet) but have a flare for it and hope to do it within the yr, just be dating which company to go with! But I'm very happy with my purchase! Which was also on offer :) excellent!

Thanks helen do u mind me askin were u got them on offer?

I bought the in a chemist called Gordon's. I'm in Northern Ireland unsure if they in England or not. They bormally are over twenty and I got them for a fiver less! Think I'm going to build my collection bit by bit then book on my makeup course!

Thanks helen do u mind me askin were u got them on offer?

Take a look in both superdrug and boots. they quite often have offers on! :)

Im in Belfast. What gordons did u buy them from?

Thanks salji x

Latest posts

Back