Make-up by HD Brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyballybee

Reaction score
Anyone done the course? Or tried the make-up? I'm looking for feedback

No I was looking in to them though. The course costs £1000 😳 I nearly fainted!!

Maintaining beauty, the positive way 🎀

Done the course :) make up looks and is ammmmazing however ..... You can't buy it unless your a MUA with them you can't buy it @ cost... The course being nearly 1.250k to do just the course then HD Brows on top of that which is around 1k .... Lotta money and is it just a "fad" ... Not sure .. The HD will be mahoooosive but surely the make up there are other brands that are good without that massive outlay ... Hth any more ques just ask :) xx

Last edited:
Thanks girls. Airey fairy - I'm looking into the course. What's the foundation like?

I tried the foundation whilst I was up in Barnsley doing the course was really good 😍😍lasted well and good coverage :) x x

That is so stupidly over priced!!!

They are only using the brand name of HD brows to try & justify the price, it doesn't!!

I understand it's a relatively new brand (make up by HD brows) but apart from the paid celebrity endorsements how
Many stylists do you actually know that have done the course?

I trained with artdeco, which is an amazing price. They have a huge amount of products 3000+ & mark up is double! Meaning you can undercut online & department stores (what a selling point) artdeco also outsells Chanel & Dior across Europe.

I'm not paid by artdeco btw 😹

I'm just a firm beleive in giving credit where it's due.

I never wanted to be a mua that used makeup from every brand under the sun, how can you know until you buy items if they are any good. If they aren't what a waste of money.

On training with artdeco you can try all the products & the trainers are all mua that have worked on tv, films & celebs ect xx

I have some items from their range but don't think they're a patch on Jane Iredale whose opening order is a fraction of hd's.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find that even Jane Iredale is quite over priced and heavy on the skin x

I find that even Jane Iredale is quite over priced and heavy on the skin x

I think Jane iredale are expensive but the quality and purity of the minerals is superb. There are different levels of cover from light to heavy so choices are there.

Not all mineral make up is created equal and many contain minerals that aren't good for your skin. JI is pretty much as pure as you can get.

HDs opening order is extortionate and JIs isn't.

Fortunately I have never had a problem retailing it.

Vic x

I think Jane Iredale is lovely looks lovely and feels amazing had a demo @ the show with a small audience haha and the big screen 👎👎 I think HD is overpriced seen as they had a Fresh Minerals product that they used and had for a while then that went quiet then they obv went to this it just annoys me that you HAVE to do their MUA course to then buy @ cost so if your already MUA at a very high level too then then why on earth can't you buy it as long as the certs are proven like with most companies grr x x

I think hd discovered how much people would pay for training for the privilege of stocking their brand. Unfortunately I don't think it carries over to make up. I think many geeks doubt their make up skills but would be better off doing a refresher day and buying some fab make up!
I am totally underwhelmed by the make up I have seen although I think the brow make up kits are excellent. However, having stocked many professional ranges where the mark up is a normal 100%, I was shocked to find that after paying all my money for training and a lovely brow display, HD don't actually do testers and the products don't have a 100% mark up. Gobsmacked!

Don't know if it's the same with their make up range so buyer beware!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think Jane iredale are expensive but the quality and purity of the minerals is superb. There are different levels of cover from light to heavy so choices are there.

Not all mineral make up is created equal and many contain minerals that aren't good for your skin. JI is pretty much as pure as you can get.

HDs opening order is extortionate and JIs isn't.

Fortunately I have never had a problem retailing it.

Vic x

I'm with you there, of all the make up brands I've worked with Jane Iredale is amazing, choices for every skin type & coverage - feels lovely on to! I've not had the chance to try the hd make up range but I personally wouldn't pay that to train with them just to use it x

I'm still with Bare Minerals through and through. Amazing training, amazing support, amazing products to suit everyone's needs x

Bare minerals is nice but I don't like the fact that you can buy it in Debenhams, Boots , House of Fraser etc .. They - the client / customer can collect points and they sometimes stock more and have exclusives to them, whereas that luxury won't sometimes be available with the smaller one man bands which is a shame as they just can't compete with the likes of the bigger shops 😟😟xx

Bare minerals is nice but I don't like the fact that you can buy it in Debenhams, Boots , House of Fraser etc .. They - the client / customer can collect points and they sometimes stock more and have exclusives to them, whereas that luxury won't sometimes be available with the smaller one man bands which is a shame as they just can't compete with the likes of the bigger shops 😟😟xx

Bare Minerals also contain bismuth which can aggravate some skins.

Vic x

Hiya. I have trained with HD and offer it as a treatment, and I do retail some of the makeup, but predominantly just the Eyebrow palettes.
I also use on myself the HD bronzer and blusher (not at the same time) and the Foxy eyebrow palette.
I have never actually tried the foundation etc. but my clients and myself love the powdered products.

The Nail Den
"Salon luxury, within home comforts"

Jane Iredale just copied Bare, so it's not very original. I always have complaints from Iredale users.

Hannah , why are you always so argumentative ?

I was just stating a fact 😕

But the op was asking about hd make up. Nothing to do with BM!

Vic x

Latest posts

Back