Make up course, what products do I need to buy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hello geeks

Ive just managed to secure a place at my local college for a facial course and a make up course.

The kit for the make up course is quite expensive and I want to make sure that I dont end up having to buy twice once the course is finished. Id rather pay a little bit extra and buy a better product. I dont know who we are being advised to buy the kit off as yet as I will find this out next week but can anyone tell me what are usually the basics of a make up kit? is it usually just brushes or does it usually come with a range of make up?

very excited :biggrin:

I now have the list and this is what it says comes in the kit:

1x Large Blusher Brush
1x Pk 2 Foundation Brushes
3x Fluid Foundation- light, medium,dark

1x Disp Lip Brushes
1x Zip wallet
1x SBC Make Up Kit inc wedges,mascara wands,applicators,palette make up brushes and a selection of make up

The kit is from kits4you which is where the college must use. It seems to be part of Dennis Williams but on the Dennis Williams their make up kit (which looks like it includes the same thing is half the price!).

However, I am thinking ahead and would really like to stock more of the well known brands (in particular MAC), so I would really like to buy the kit with the bits and pieces that I know I am going to intend using in the future and not be stuck with things I wont use. Obviosuly I have no idea as to the quality of the kit, it might be good or it might be rubbish so I would rather buy good quality separate items. Sorry if I am not making much sense.

The items are SBC, is this a good make?

ellisons have a hot offer on their makeup kit at the moment, it's the makeup i used when i was in college, parts of the kit are not fantastic (the foundations!!!) but i personally wouldn't build up a professional kit to take into college because it will get used and abused. have private messaged you the details :)

I'm also looking to build a kit up and like mac make up myself, I've looked to see if you can get a kit in mac but can just find the brushes separate etc, so any recommendations would be fab! X

Latest posts

Back