make up for acne scars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzybaby

Reaction score
hello
can anyone recommend a good cover up and foundation for acne scars on a very fair person? my sister?

She has tried most over the counter foundations and cover ups but always ends up looking caked in foundation sometimes it even cracks!!

I have tried the lilly lolo range porcelain was her colour but it just didn't cover them at all she is the lightest shade and sometimes this causes a problem as some make up companies don't make the shade light enough or she ends up looking like a ghost!!

I just don't know what to suggest
Any help would be great
:hug::hug:

Hi guys
does anyone know how to cover up the acne scars without looking like you're caked in make - up?
I really want to help my sister!!
any advice would be great!!

I have acne scars on my chin and the only foundations that have ever covered them up effectively have been MAC Studio Fix or Jane Iredales PurePressed base which is what im using now. hths

Hi Juliette
thanks for your reply
I did try mac but their lightest shade wasn't light enough and made her look orange
I have the lady from Jane Iredale coming next week so I'll look forward to that then

thanks again:hug:

Im also to pale for MAC foundations (but they make me wear it to work :cry:)
Have you tried the Studio finish concealer in the small compact? it runs a bit lighter then the normal studio fix powder/fluid and is full coverage.

For foundation i highly recommend Prescriptives custom blend if your special and don't match foundations, They make a foundation, powder and concealer. It does cost alot but its worth it. They can make it as light as you need it, if you want matte or dewy, you pick the coverage, and when i lighten up in winter they make it lighter free of charge for me. I really like Revlon colorstay also i used the original so im not sure how light the softflex ones are, it's full coverage but looks natural and wont crack, its kind of hard to remove tho.

I'm also pretty sure AHA will lighten acne scars.

Hiya

depending on budget

try IPL skin rejuvenation face tretments start around £75.00

I did my trianing today and we touched on this subject

I'm sure someone can give you more info if you are interested

Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

I have acne scars on my face since I was teen.I tried everthing apart from laser treatment.But the most of the coverage foundations are so heavy and u feeling it like a mask.Last year I started to use Clinique pore minimiser serum for treatment morning and evening .For coverage I useClinique instant perfector before foundation.My foundation is No7 intelligent colour.it comes in three shades ligth,medium and dark.It is so light and blending nicely,doesn't look so heavy,very natural.That is worked for me off course plus a good night sleep.(unfortunately not always possible):)

Hello
I just wanted to share a great foundation for the acne scars

I had the Jane Iredale rep out today and they do an amazing concealer disappear which with the pure pressed base foundation covered my sisters acne scars without feeing heavy on her face and they do the light colours.

Latest posts

Back