Make-up question! Confused-please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisaeustace

Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm always getting conflicting advise from varies make up artists so I wanted to help please I only use mac make up and here is how I do it can u tell me if the order is right:
Moisturise, primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer (certain areas) hightlight, studio fix powder, contour (harmony blush powder) then blush this is how a mac artist showed me but others tell me differently please help I'm confused! Xx

What other ways are you hearing? What part of the process is confusing? How is your current method working for you?

Honestly there's no right order. Do what works for you. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Working as a make-up artist is an "art." If you watch any artist work-whether it be an artist or make-up artist, they all develop there own way of working, techniques, and order of products etc.

This will be a reason why you are hearing conflicting answers. For example, some make-up artists like to apply eye make-up before foundation. Others prefer to apply face make-up before eyes.

You have to find what way works for you, and the only way to do that is to practice. The key to make-up art is think out the box and experiment. You will soon find out what works and what does not. ;) Best of luck!

The main difference in order can be to do with textures of products ..
So if using "wet" textures e.g. liquid/cream foundations, concealers, blushers, highlighters, contour, you would use these first then finish with any powder/dry products.
This changes when using mineral make up or a powder foundation base such as MAC Studio Fix powder - you wouldn't want to apply any creams over this as blending would be trickier x

I also mostly use Mac make up and do a lot of weddings mostly.
I did 7 party wedding booking yesterday and I sort of do my own thing !
I get client t to moistorisers half hour prior . However usually on wedding day everyone is frwaking out rushing around and chaotic so I always carry wet wipes.
I wipe each client face then apply primer the black tube prep prime.
I also use a concealer pallet which is a lot thicker in comparison to a lot of products and use this to contour , blend.
The. Apply studio fix , I also go over with face and body with duo fibre brush for airbrush finish and most people come out flawless without heavy cakes up feeling.
I use normal blot powder the. Cover with translucent prep prime powder.
Then Harmoney in most cases to contour then use bronzer and blushed then highlighter.
I do eyes , mascara last and lips.
Spray with setting mist.

The wedding I went back to dor reception after I finished work and make up done at 10.30 am on first client was still fine at 8pm.
Only person who wasn't looking that fabulous was the drunk friend who I did make up for , however I think her actions was more I blame ! Hahahah

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back