make up to cover tatoos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some camoflage make up that can cover tatoos?
my freind is the bride to be and wants to cover one up on her shoulder, do you reckon any brands will be at EcZel??

You can get a product called dermablend. This is used to cover tatoos , scars etc. You can get it from some chemists including boots (larger stores). I think you can order it off web as well. You have to match it to skin tone with chart. Hth

I use Keratase but if you contact the local chemist or hospital and ask about tattos clinics they can help you and they also do classes in blending and covering .

HTH

I've bought loads of tattoo covers inc dermablend - my tattoos are black....
Best one i have is from ebay,.
eBay.co.uk: Tattoo Makeup and Scar cover for weddings (item 220082557345 end time 24-Feb-07 19:26:50 GMT)
you can still see it a bit but it covers more evenly than any others i've tried...

I got married in october and had a piece of fabric added to my dress to hide the tattoos (one on each arm) because i gave up trying to cover them completely and didn't want to stress about them on the day. SOoooo glad i did.

thanks so much for your advice chicks, youve all been very helpful

xxxxxxxx

You can also get a large range of 'dermacolour' from charles fox in covent garden. They have mini pallets with a selection of 16 skin tone colours. I have used these on brides and in a short film i did, and have found them very effective. You need to get the dermacolour powder to fix the makeup though, and its waterproof.
Dermacolor

hth
Linz x

Ive had airbrush make up used to cover my tattoo, it did a pretty good job seeing as it was all black.

Ive since had it removed via laser so dont need to worry bout that anymore!

Space NK used to do a foundation in a spray which was fantastic but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. It was about £40 and very good.

Remember to let us know what you decide to use and what works as I'd be very interested to find out

my friend with the tatoo is getting married in June, so Ill let you know, cheers Bunnyxxx

Latest posts

Back