Makeup Artist at wedding shows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSlim

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Question for makeup artists who have been to wedding shows.. What do you tend to do? Do you take a model with you and do make up demos or just do a little makeup application on potential brides?
X

I would save your money and not bother doing one .

Most brides booked muas on word or mouth or via google or yell.com

Thanks for your reply, I'm only contemplating it as I've lived down south now and I'm at a military base where 90% of the woman round here are already married.
When I lived up north I was doing bridal makeup constantly but only did 4 last year!

I've done a few and got some brides out of it. I'm doing another one in mar h. X

I've done a couple and always had a good response. We would get brides to be sitting down to make a point of interest and do a little bit of make up. We would do a discount for those that booked from the wedding fair before end of march. This helps them make a decision.

They are great for brides who aren't from the local area to get lots of info so always good if you have a lot of pics on insta or your Facebook page x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did get some business from some that I did, however it's hard to compete with people offering discounts which something I didn't want to do.

I also had the problem that event would only let me book if I did the makeup/hair for their shows and would still want the full rate of £££ which I though was cheeky

If you do airbrush makeup you could do a taster session were do airbrush foundation application either for free of a couple of pounds to cover your costs

I wouldnt bother either...

Latest posts

Back