Makeup course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clementine

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone have any experience of the is course at the Carlton Institute?

Make up courses - Carlton Insitute UK

I am wanting to get in to doing makeup for photography and bridal and have no formal training but have done the odd photo shoot etc
I'm just wondering if I'll learn anything new and is it worth the money as it's over £200 for 1 day.
Thanks in advance ladies
X

Hi. Replied because my names Clementine too!! Anyway my sister is a make up artist. She trained in Beauty therapy for 2 nights a week, for about a year then signed up to Mac and she now does mini courses with them. She is a Mac-pro member. She says the beauty side of things helped her. I have no experience of the Carlton institute. £200 does not seem that bad really. Once you have trained you need all the experience you can get. So try and get a job with a make-up company too. 1 day does not seem enough to me!

H i did this make up course a couple of weeks ago at the carlton institute and found it not to be worth the money! one day is just not enough .the lashes they use are just strip lashes to which was a bit dissapointing hope this helps .

I've done a few courses now with Carlton Institute and basically they teach you and you have to go away and practise. I'm a mature student lol so the one day courses are ideal for me and believe me I have to put the practise in before I let myself lose on paying clients. If you encounter any problems after the course they are very good in helping with advice. Well that was my experience of them but i know some people don't rate them.

Latest posts

Back