Making facials that little bit special

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
How do you make your facials a bit different/special from other salons? As usual I'm looking for new ideas.

I usually do a mini reflexology treatment when the mask is on, and use terry cloth nappies heated in the towel warmer to remove products etc (very soft). But i feel as if i need something more..any ideas?

How about aromatherapy (altho you should probably cheak with client first) and soft music combined with nature sounds?

I have a heated blanket under the client.
Put some oils in an oil burner. You could do a head massage instead of reflexology. or a hand treat/foot treat - exfoliate, mask and moisturise (when i do this i use jean d'arcel exfoliant because the bits of salt dissolve when they touch water so you only need a warm wet flannel)
Do you have smelly candles???
Soft light - i have a dimmer switch.
and like prionace said nice soft music
hth

Thanks Ladies...

i'm very fussy with most treatments and my clients know it, i have been invited to critique quite a few salons for facials/beauty treatments.
One of the oddest things I have commented on was the fact that the music was strange..... actually, not strange, but there were speakers on only one side of the room, which meant during my whole treatment (which you should know, is symmetrical) my ears were lopsided listening to one side of the room, rather than perfect stereo which keep the head balanced and the music centered in the middle of the head (between the ears per say), it's often the little things that make a difference.
I also like quiet time to myself while having my mask on, rather that the therapist keeping me occupied by massaging my feet/hands........ being left alone is quite ralaxing, rather than have someone fussing over me for a full hour.

I know what you're saying Nailzoo. Some clients do like to be left alone, but a lot of clients find it boring being left for 15 minutes, while the mask is on. I ususally leave them for about 5 minutes after the foot massage which sometimes for them can feel like a lifetime. The way I feel is I've been paid for an hour so i want to make sure that clients get the full benefit. Saying that, at the consultation i ask if they would like to be left or have feet/hand /scalp massage.

I think we've all had facials where the actual time the therapist has spent with you was only about 30/40 minutes and been left in a mask for up to 20 minutes. When I worked in salons and did facial treatments during the mask time you'd have a leg wax/tint etc booked in.

i can understand that maybe a few people prefer being left alone for 15 mins while the mask is on, but IMO if i am paying £30-£50 for an hours facial i would like that hour to be spent on me. I recently had a facial at an expensive health spa and while the mask was on she got up and left the room without even telling me, that particular facial was £50 and i felt very shortchanged. Hand/foot/scalp massage would have been a very nice addition!!!

i can understand that maybe a few people prefer being left alone for 15 mins while the mask is on, but IMO if i am paying £30-£50 for an hours facial i would like that hour to be spent on me. I recently had a facial at an expensive health spa and while the mask was on she got up and left the room without even telling me, that particular facial was £50 and i felt very shortchanged. Hand/foot/scalp massage would have been a very nice addition!!!

Totally agree. I hate being left alone although this was standard practice at college & many salons i have worked at.

I have had at least two facials were the actual facial massage has been no more than 7 - 10 mins :irked: I was furious !!

I always offer a scalp & hand massage whilst the mask is on unless the client prefers to be left alone.

I softly sing to people the songs they like.

Latest posts

Back