Making my own "Double hair" (balmain) any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glammymammy

Reaction score
Hiya,

I usually do the micro weft system by sewing three pieces of weft together and then use the mini-links to hold the weft in place.
This method is great and long lasting however I was hoping to try the double hair method that can be bought from balmain but I am going to sew my own wefts to creat the same effect hoping to hide the mini-links better in the hair.

Question is for anyone that has done this or uses the balmain double hair....is this method as secure as the other micro-weft method?
How many mini-links should I use per piece of weft?
Also should I just sew two pieces of weft together or three? pieces like I do with the micro-weft?

Thanks for any help x

We use balmain double hair on the salon! Im not a fan of the double hair, it disguises the bonds well. But the matting is terrible! Rather than an individual strand matting, the whole section matts!
I dont have any experience of the other technique you mentioned, but i personally wouldnt use the double hair. A girl i work with did use the principal of the double hair, sowed clip in extensions into a similar weft, idea sounds good in principal unfortunately :-( xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya,

Thank you for your honest review :) Think I will stick with my original method then :)

Latest posts

Back