Male client - I don't want to go!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good advice given here....and some lovely heartwarming posts about these lovely male clients some of you have and have had over the years.

Yes take the precautions others have mentioned, for this first visit.

I would also like to add though, that if this gentleman is 99yrs old and lives alone, then he also is taking a risk, booking a stranger to come to his house, and may be alarmed if 2 of you turn up. Just be prepared for that situation as well.
This is so true Izzidoll. I am sitting here reading this thread and thinking 'this poor elderly gent is probably as innocent as they come and is genuinely looking for some pampering and will no doubt enjoy the company for as long as his treatment lasts.'

Perhaps in my past I have nursed and cared for sooo many old men (quite intimately) that this sort of situation really would not phase me.

By all means take precautions and until you are absolutely happy with the situation, then you can relax on those precautions.

There is always a first time for everything, so take this as a good learning curve.

I'm pretty dissapointed with this thread (but not the answers) another I don't want to do men thread....

For gods sake make up your mind what and who you want to do ....

Don't say yes, when you mean no.

Don't dissapoint customers, or they may dissapoint you.

As mentioned in a previous answer, this guy may be too old to even reach his toes.

My salon is located 50 metres from a retirement home and have quite a few men & women come in (with zimmerframes) making enquiries.

They have an inhouse podiatrist, but curiosity leads them to me (and they don't like the podiatrist because she is rough).

I am way beyond their budgets, but sympathise with their plight.

If you have doubts or insecurities, don't book them in the first place.
I worked as a beauty therapist in a chemist for a while and had a huge elderly clientelle who came to have thier nails trimmed and filed. The town only had a visiting podiatrist who charged a very high rate. Her fee to trim toenails was similar to my spa pedi, so every second Thursday was 'old peoples day'..............Not exactly what I imagined when I was trained, but it's all part of the job, and was greatly appreciated by my clients.

Latest posts

Back