Male client with psoriasis on his nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireP

Reaction score
I have a new client who has psoriasis on his nails (diagnosed by a Dr) he has had it for 10 years and desperately want to do something to improve them as Drs have said there is nothing they can do. He's had trimmings tested to check he hasn't got a fungal infection, they came back negative. There are no splits but he has onycholysis, for which I have suggested keeping the nails really short and using plenty of solar oil each day. After doing research on here I have read IBX can help with psoriasis, although results vary which I have informed my client of. I just wanted to check if it was ok to use CND Cuticle Away on someone with psoriasis, as I know they are sensitive to many products. I was planning on applying IBX then performing a dry manicure with no Cuticle Away, is this what others would do? Any suggestions or help is appreciated ;) xx

Can anyone help, please? ;) xx

Poor guy, psoriasis and eczema are difficult problems to get results with!

I don't use IBX so can't recommend on that unfortunately but I can recommend lots of natural oils such as grapeseed and avocado applied onto the nail as often as possible.

Has he tried Chinese medicine or acupuncture (or both?) before? I know people that have had excellent results from it for both problems, particularly as eczema and psoriasis are quite often internal problems.

Also his diet could be aggravating the problem. He should be avoiding stimulants like coffee tea alcohol smoking fizzy drinks and I've read a bit about nightshade fruit and veg (have a Google).

In terms of what I'd do as a therapist, I think I'd start with a dry manicure, a very very gentle buff and lots of massage and also keeping the nails short.

Hope this helps and that you get feedback on IBX too! Xx

Poor guy, psoriasis and eczema are difficult problems to get results with!

I don't use IBX so can't recommend on that unfortunately but I can recommend lots of natural oils such as grapeseed and avocado applied onto the nail as often as possible.

Has he tried Chinese medicine or acupuncture (or both?) before? I know people that have had excellent results from it for both problems, particularly as eczema and psoriasis are quite often internal problems.

Also his diet could be aggravating the problem. He should be avoiding stimulants like coffee tea alcohol smoking fizzy drinks and I've read a bit about nightshade fruit and veg (have a Google).

In terms of what I'd do as a therapist, I think I'd start with a dry manicure, a very very gentle buff and lots of massage and also keeping the nails short.

Hope this helps and that you get feedback on IBX too! Xx

Thank you, I did think I should avoid the chemicals in CND Cuticle Away so I'll perform a dry manicure and suggest that he looks into acupuncture. I hope that IBX will helps too, if anyone has used this with success to help clients with psoriasis I would be interested to hear and see pictures xx

i know several people with psoriasis including my husband and it always seems to rear its head just after periods of quite intense stress so i would suggest that anything which lowers stress and initiates a sense of calm would be good.

i can recommend ibx in general, haven't used it on anyone with psoriasis but it is an excellent product. after 5 treatments on myself, my nails are a lot stronger and i can now successfully wear shellac without gel underneath:biggrin: ive used it a lot on clients but theres nothing quite like trying it out yourself!

i know several people with psoriasis including my husband and it always seems to rear its head just after periods of quite intense stress so i would suggest that anything which lowers stress and initiates a sense of calm would be good.

i can recommend ibx in general, haven't used it on anyone with psoriasis but it is an excellent product. after 5 treatments on myself, my nails are a lot stronger and i can now successfully wear shellac without gel underneath:biggrin: ive used it a lot on clients but theres nothing quite like trying it out yourself!

Thank you, I use IBX a lot but like you never on anyone with psoriasis before. My client smokes and drinks which I know doesn't help it but if I can improve them in even a little way I know he'd be so happy ;) xx

Latest posts

Back