Male manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloppie

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to offer male manicures, but wondered whether anyone offers them? I am sure you do!

I am unsure how long to make a treatment last - do men generally want a quick tidy up? or are the happy with a luxury type manicure?

Thanks for your help!

hey, yes i offer male manicures i dont really offer luxury manicures never been asked to do one as i just have male manicures on my price list and i just normally file and shape the nails do cuticle work wipe the nails give a small hand massage and buff the nails but ask the client if he likes them with a shine or not as some dont like nails with a shine and massage cuticle oil into nails. if ive had a odd client with rough hands then i have used exfoliater and used a manicure bowl and used a deep treatment mask for the hands. i typicle male manicure takes 20mins
hope that helps :)

I think you should offer the same treatments that you make available to the ladies. I'd certainly go for a 'luxury' manicure.

:)

I would offer "all" with manis or simply a file and polish and after the next appt and things are a bit more comfortable you can discuss what they really want x
I think you have to get a feel of who you are working with and what they really want and maybe get a connection with the person.
jmho x

I would offer "all" with manis or simply a file and polish and after the next appt and things are a bit more comfortable you can discuss what they really want x
I think you have to get a feel of who you are working with and what they really want and maybe get a connection with the person.
jmho x
I agree, some men will feel a little embarrassed and/or unsure I think. Not me though I would come in and ask for a full set of ruby slipper stilettos LOL

I'd go ahead and do it!
I have two men that i see regularly for manicures. Their wives really love them for it. :green:

Thanks very much. I will def offer male manicures. I was thinking of listing and pricing as a 'male manicure'. I wonder whether some men might feel that the manicures on my treatment list are purely for women and then not book one.

My salon is unisex so men just order from the menu same as women. most of the men I've had were grooms tho one man always gets me to clip his nails down. the standard mani is usually what they go for I'm not sure if they'd like the smell of solar mani so if they wanted luxury I'd give them spa mani.

Thanks very much. I will def offer male manicures. I was thinking of listing and pricing as a 'male manicure'.

How 'bout MANicure? I have a few male clients and I tell 'em, put the MAN in manicure. LOL! :)

Latest posts

Back