Manicure and gel polish course, Nottinghamshire

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misslizi

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've popped over from the skin forum for some advice please :)

I currently work full time in a normal office job, but do spray tanning in my spare time. I love all things beauty and actually went to night college to do my NVQ2 in beauty therapy, however it became too much and I couldn't cope literally working and studying every day and night and had to drop out the course. I had already studied manicure and pedicure before I left, however obviously didn't officially qualify.

I'd like to start building more skills and offering more treatments, and hopefully one day ill be able to leave my job and work in beauty. The plan is that when I have my first baby with my hubby, I won't return to work and will work doing treatments instead which will be a dream.

Sorry I'm babbling! I'd like to start my treatment building by first adding basics and would like to add manicure and pedicure and offer a gel polish. Perhaps eventually move on to acrylic/gel. Could anyone recommend a nail course in the East Midlands that I can attend around my job and gain a qualification from? Like I said, I've actually studied both manicure and pedicure so its more that I need to gain the qualification now to get insurance and start offering them.

I've recently added eyelash lift and tint and soon hope to add eyebrow services and waxing.... I want to offer treatments that I truly enjoy offering and can't wait for the day that I can do just this!

Thanks in advance for any advice or course recommendations :)

I am in Northamptonshire if that not too far to travel. I'm the educator for young nails in that area. X

Hi snuggles can you PM me more information on your courses please? Thank you!

I'm the East Midlands to :) I went to my local college part time for a year . But if I had to do it all again I d look into cnd training. In life you tend to get what you pay for . Which leads to to asking you , where did you do your lash lift. ?!? Could you pm ( so not to go off topic!!) xxxx

I totally feel the same. I enjoyed college but actually felt sometimes I was learning treatments that I didn't actually want to do and now want to focus on treatments that I love, plus that are up to date and in demand :) I've PM'd you re lash lift x

Hi

I am in Nottingham and trained with Cosmetic Consultants in West Bridgford they have been around years and it is one on one training. Obviously there is a cost to their courses but myself and a few friends have used them and are pleased with the course content and after care they are accredited by the Beauty Guild. They also stock wholesale beauty products at competative prices so you can do it all under one roof.
Rachel who runs it is also really nice and helpful.
:D

My initial training was with cosmetic consultants, Nottingham too, great starting point.
I then did cnd conversion for l&p, now I'm getting back into nails, ill eventually do refresher training, hopefully 1 2 1 with young nails as I'm using their synergy gel now :)

Hi,
I did my training with Top Talons in Chesterfield, not far. They come up at the top if you google them. :)

Great thanks everyone for all the recommendations! X

I'm in Notts too. I did my cnd training in notts( sadly no notts academy anymore) you could go to Leicester or to the Lincoln cnd training academy). Yes, Cosmetic Consultants are excellent for training and you do get a one to one training at competitive prices. But if you want to train in a certain brand, why waste money and not go there first? As you will end up having to do their conversion course.

Or even creative academy Cambridgeshire which is in Peterborough so just down the a1:wink2:

I live in notts and did my nvq2 in Leicester and have also done some 1 off

Latest posts

Back