Manicure and Pedicure - how to do in the most efficient way

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan2107

Reaction score
Hi - I'm looking for some advice to help me speed up / be more efficient.

For my mid range mani and pedi I include scub, masque & mitts and a massage. If a client has both treatments what steps would you do to cut down on the timings. I dont mean to compromise by cutting corners I mean by being more efficient with the processes as I'm sure whilst the mitts are on I could be starting the other process off. I'm just not sure whether to do mani or pedi first and at what point I could start the other treatment.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

I always start the manicure first so they can dry whilst I move onto the pedicure.
Some geeks may say different but to me I wouldnt start doing another treatment while I was half way into another. If I advertise my manicure for 45 mins then my client gets 45 mins of manicure.
xxx

Has anyone else got any thoughts on this one - or does everyone just work through each process from start to finish.

I'm not looking to short cut my clients (they always get over an hour for each treatment anyway). I'm looking for ideas on speeding up i.e. starting the pedicure when the masque and mitts (manicure) are on my client.

thanks

kylie-b - forgot to say thank you for your comments. xx

Do you manicure
cuticle work, scrub, massage or whatever you include in your manicure then when your hot mitts are on move onto the pedicure then when you get to the same stage of pedicure change and put mitts onto feet.. and finish manicure.

personally..I think it would just be easier to do one and then the other LOL

Hi - I'm looking for some advice to help me speed up / be more efficient.

For my mid range mani and pedi I include scub, masque & mitts and a massage. If a client has both treatments what steps would you do to cut down on the timings. I dont mean to compromise by cutting corners I mean by being more efficient with the processes as I'm sure whilst the mitts are on I could be starting the other process off. I'm just not sure whether to do mani or pedi first and at what point I could start the other treatment.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

I dont do anything different for both treatments when booked in together.I treat each treatmnt seperately,I dont think about starting another process of another treatment,because I think if you have a client who comes in another time and books one of the treatments seperately she will notice if say you start a process of the other treatment whilst doing another stage,ie when heated mitts/booties are on.This could be perceived as rushing and clients hate this(well unless they need us to)

So if I have a lux manicure and lux pedi I would do the pedicure first...all stages,the mani would be totally seperate from the pedi,full amount of time given for both.I give my client a magazine and make a drink for client whilst booties/mask are on.

I would do the pedi first because the client would and could quite easily smudge her nails trying to take shoes ad socks off,then getting onto the couch.

I finish my pedi then take the client to the manicure desk,feet sit on a towel(in winter a heated wheatgerm bag is placed under the clients feet to keep them warm)then I continue with the lux mani.

This is just my opinion and how I have always done things.HTH x

Latest posts

Back