Manicures & pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deborah1611

Reaction score
Hey everyone just a wee thread on what all do u include in your manicures and pedicures

For just a manicure and pedicure I include nails shaped, buffed, soak cuticle work and polish

Then for my luxury manicures and pedicures I include nails shaped, buffed, soak, cuticle work, scrub, mask or paraffin wax, hand/arm or foot/leg massage then polish

Then if client wants gelish I charge extra

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thats about right. When we were taught ages ago the only difference added to 'luxury' was paraffin wax and a massage to the area or a mask and booties/mitts applied

My manicures include cuticle tidy, exfoliating scrub, filing the nails, massage & polish.

My pedicures include cuticle tidy, foot scrub, foot filing off hard skin, massage, nail file, polish.

I do a file & polish (file,shape cuticle care & polish) and also offer luxury manicure & pedicure (file & shape, soak, cuticle care, exfoliate/rasp, parrafin wax mask, massage, buff & polish). I'm mobile and really didn't want to be offering too many variations & it works well for me x
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I offer a few different things...

File & Polish - literally a quick file and polish which takes five mins or so.

Express Manicure - File, Cuticle work, Moisture pack for cuticles & polish.

Manicure - File, Hand Soak, Cuticle Work, Massage & Polish

Deluxe Spa Manicure - File, Hand Soak, Cuticle Work, Hand Scrub, Hand Mask, Massage & Polish!

I also charge extra if they would rather shellac than normal polish.

Offering four different manicure treatments works well for me as I am in a busy salon where my clients have very different needs, but each to their own!!
xx

Deluxe Spa Manicure - File, Hand Soak, Cuticle Work, Hand Scrub, Hand Mask, Massage & Polish!

Offering four different manicure treatments works well for me as I am in a busy salon where my clients have very different needs, but each to their own!!
xx

What does your moisture pack include on your express manicure?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

xx

That's a good idea having a few different manicures so each client can choose one to suit them!
What is your moisture pack? Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

How do people change the manicures to accommodate Shellac...the express cuccio manicure includes a soak but I guess this would be a no no with Shellac as you need the nail beds as dry as possible x

Probably cuticle oil I assume ..
I offer the same bcoz I work via hotel and it works well. Some clients come once month for deluxe then 2 weeks for basi mani or even once week for re polish. So offer all 4 options!

What does your moisture pack include on your express manicure?

My moisture pack is a cuticle softener and cuticle oil(nurture oil or solar oil are my faves) dropped onto the cuticle area and left to sink into the area, depending in the clients nails I either do this before a hand soak(leaving the moisture pack without wiping) or after the soak leaving for a minute or so and then wiping away to continue.
If the cuticles are really solid and hands are super dry I sometimes use a larger amount and rub into the whole hand and nails before applying again to the cuticle area and leaving to sink in a bit.
It has worked really well for me and my clients love it and really feel the benefit when they see how healthy their cuticles and surrounding skin looks afterwards!!
Getting a cuticle oil with a nice traveling scent is lovely for this part of the treatment as the client can relax even further during the process, the special edition vanilla solar oil is especially gorgeous!

My express manicure is a cuticle softener, cuticle tidy up(just push back of a proper tidy up isn't necessary)? File, polish and a quick moisturising lotion to finish!
It's a little something extra for those wanting a bit more than a quick file and polish :)
Hope this helps xx
Hope this helps everyone!! Xx

How do you adapt for gel polish as I know soaking can cause problems?

How do you adapt for gel polish as I know soaking can cause problems?

Do all normal prep to include cuticle work etc and then once gel polish is applied do an exfoliation. Remove using warm mitts and then pat dry so that a moisturiser can be massaged in. Apply cuticle oil to the nails to finish :)

Do all normal prep to include cuticle work etc and then once gel polish is applied do an exfoliation. Remove using warm mitts and then pat dry so that a moisturiser can be massaged in. Apply cuticle oil to the nails to finish :)

Thanku!

Latest posts

Back