Manual tanning + exfoliation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zowee

Reaction score
Evening Ladies!

I have been searching for answers to the following questions all day and haven't come across clear enough answers.

- I want to practice my manual tan on my other half. He's not overly hairy but I've not done a tan on a man yet (just finished my level 3 in college). Any tips for getting a nice even tan?

-When doing the exfoliation could exfoliation gloves be used instead of a scrub? Removing the scrub takes a long time and is a nightmare!

I want to practice on several men, some more mature clients etc. so I feel confident going out and doing this as a job.

Any advice and tips you can give will be very much appreciated :)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

If your practicing at home then i would apply the scrub then switch the shower on and het him to rinse it off dont use mitts as i dont find they are as effective. As for an even application just use effluerage movements on the body but one part at a time. So start with backs of legs, then back then arms then front of legs, chest and face and ears. You will be surprised how easy it is once you get the hang of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thank you for your reply!

I went ahead last night and other half is nicely tanned!!
Only bad patch was on top of his hands - the condition of his skin is quite bad here due to his job.
I'm going to do another one on him at the weekend, but carry out a luxury manicure first. Hopefully this will help.

I didn't even think about getting him to pop in the shower after scrubbing! What's your opinion on the use of exfoliation gloves instead of a scrub?

Do you think that I could get away with asking clients to get in the shower after a scrub if I was mobile?

I plan to do more spray training too but I really like manual because you get to prep the clients skin, therefore you know you're going to get the best possible result :)

Thiz is why i much prefer manual tan too! As your mobile i dont see a problem in you asking them to rinse the scrub off but just ensure you give them a professional range to wash with and towels that are soft and fluffy oh and clean up the bathroom whilst the client is getting dressed. Makes it feel much more of a salon experience then a home experience.

I prefer scrubs over mitts as i think you can get some really effective products and you could use mits with the scrub, i do at home when i tan but it looks more proffessional to use a scrub on a client.

Can i ask what tan your using? X

I'm using Sudo at the moment.
This is what I'm training with at college so I bought some to get practice in at home.
I'm studying Level 3 Massage, we use Sudo spray too but I won't be using this when I qualify next week.

I'd like to get my kit from St Tropez as they will include a days training and I can also train further with them for quite cheap.

Great idea about taking a good brand of scrub and nice towels.

What tan do you use?
Amy recommendations for good scrubs?

Thanks for you're advice :) I've tried asking these questions at college but was told to stick with their methods and brand :/

Im trained with elemis but i cant stand it tbh i think there are other for more effctive brands but hay ho. I really want to try fake bake tan fr my salon but if i dont like it i will be going with famous dave but they only offer the spray as where fb offer a lotion which is supposed to be amazing.

Again fb do a scrub which is supposed to be good but i like a really gritty deep scrub not the half baked ones that you get mainly so im hard to please in that category lol i would say have a look at some professional body ranges and try their scrubs and if you like it then use that and retail it to your clients.

Tbh im thinking of having my own products made for my salon in little things like body scrubs and massage oils etc but made by a company that will make your products for retail too. Im so fussy with things like this lol

Latest posts

Back