Market research in the high street

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hiya,

Does anyone know if you can just go into your local high street and start asking questions (researching your area) or do you have to get special permission from the council or police?

Just thinking :)

Thanks

xx

Think that may depend what you are researching lol lol

I think you may need a pedlers licence...may be completely wrong...that may just be for selling...I would think you would need some sort of licence or something....

Hi, I have thought about doing research before ie, stop ramdom people and ask them beauty questions etc, letting me know what Jo public want/like etc,
But it never entered my head you might need permission, (whats this world coming to)
I would just say go out and do it, its not like you are breaking any law (I wouldnt of thought)
Or could you maybe ask your clients to fill out a questionaire?

Good luck,
Keep us posted as to what the outcome is.

Emma xx

You don't need any permission, so long as you are on public property i.e. main high street etc. If however you are on private property such as a shopping centre or supermarket car park you will need permission. (see my other response on leafleting in car parks on how to get round this) It would be advisable to take some form of i.d. to show where you are from, and be prepared to have loads upon loads of people being too busy, not got time, don't buy things etc etc - it may be worth having some immediate incentive like a %off voucher you can give them and then start to ask some questions.

Thanks guys :)

When I get around to doing it I'll let you know how I get on.

Champagne! What type of person do you think I am? lol!

lol couldnt resist x

Latest posts

Back