Market Research

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink Pink Pink

Reaction score
I'm printing out some questionnaire's and so far have this:
Market Research Questionnaire​

My name is Debbi and I am looking to set up a beauty salon in Bedlington town centre. Primarily I would like to get some basic information from you, as lovely ladies like yourself are my prime customer - so your opinion is most important to me.
Please be realistic and honest with your answers. I have asked for names/addresses for the sole purpose of getting vouchers to you if / when the salon opens. Your personal information​
WILL NOT​
be used for any other purpose!
Name:
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….…...
Address:………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….…………………
Date Of Birth:
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Firstly, do you think there is scope for a fresh, new beauty / nail salon in Bedlington?
Yes ( ) No ( )
Do you / have you had beauty treatments in the past?
Yes ( ) No ( )
If yes, what treatments do you have and how often?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Weekly ( ) Fortnightly ( ) Monthly ( ) Quarterly ( ) Yearly ( )
What price would you expect to pay for a full set of nail extensions (using Creative® Gel)?
£20 - £25 ( ) £25 - £30 ( ) £35 - £40 ( ) Less ( ) More ( )
What would you expect to pay for a facial?
£20 - £30 ( ) £30 - £40 ( ) £40 - £50 ( ) Less ( ) More ( )
Is the product ‘brand name’ used to perform the treatment important to you?
Yes ( ) No ( )
If you were looking to have a Nail Treatment / Beauty Treatment / Body Massage, where would you usually go to? If you do not have a usual salon, where would you look to find one?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
In your opinion, would you like to see a website for your chosen beauty service provider?
Yes ( ) No ( ) No Opinion ( )
Please rate in order the most important factors to you when having any treatment done.
(1 being the most important, 3 being the least important)
Time of Treatment ( ) Quality of service / treatment ( ) Price of treatment ( )

What is your favourite colour?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Thank you for taking your time to fill in this questionnaire.

Is there anything important I have missed out? I am planning on sending some to the local 6th form and the community centre opposite my would-be premises.

Sounds good so far.

Perhaps you could also ask:
*what kind of treatments they would like you to offer
*opening hours they would like

Can't think of anything else of the top of my head, but perhaps you could also do your market research in the area where you would like your client base from.

The area immediately around the salon is good but do you have a more affluent area nearby to target aswell? (unless of course you are in an affluent area?)

edit: if you put a bit at the bottom asking if they'd like to receive further info from you, you can keep on marketing to them. They may not come in straightaway but if they receive regular info from you, it keeps your business name in their mind.

I know this sounds obvious but you should also ask what they look to get out of a treatment and/or what the most important things about a salon e.g. flexible opening/ good service etc this will give you a good indication of how to market your business, in terms of what people value the most, when you get everything moving. Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back