Marketing idea that worked, Yay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urbanspa

Reaction score
I have a hair and beauty salon, but the hair is the newest side to my business and to increase clients using the hair facilities we are promoting to our current beauty clients and guess what, this idea has worked wonders in just a few weeks and has created hair re-bookings too.

Basically I created a poster and some offer sheets as follows

Choose a treatment from the list below

Cut blow dry
Re-style and blow dry
Colour cut blow dry

And get one of the following for FREE worth up to £12
Eyebrow wax
Upper lip wax
Upper lip and chin wax
Under arm wax or bikini wax
Mini manicure

This has worked wonders for getting our regular beauty clientele using our hair department and we have gained an extra £250 this week alone for one hair stylist.

Not only have our regular clients used this but they have told people about it and they are booking in now.

Hope this idea can help any salons out there who want a marketing idea that has worked and doesn't cost too much with the freebie.

That's a really good idea!

Aww thank you. Just thought I would share to help anyone else. X

Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing!

That's a Fab idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus S using SalonGeek

Thanks ladies. It's become so busy we cannot get everyone in, that's the only down side as I hate turning away money when we don't have their desired time.

Maybe my next makeup launch will increase spends for Christmas shopping. Will let you all know if this one is a success :)

Love a success story x

Sounds great, well done :)

Wow! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing!!! I have just joined forces :) with the beautician who is not very busy. I would love to help her get more clients, as she is such a nice lady. Thanks again!!!

well done! lovely to hear youre doing well! big pat on the back for you!! :green:

Excellent idea, well done.

At the moment we are trying to build our beauty side up, I am still studying but the hair side is pretty successful. We have just started to text the hair clients 2 days before their appointment offering mini facials or waxing, of which I am qualified. As they are coming in for hair they are tempted to have a half hour facial as well.

When I start training in mani/pedi I shall need models to get lots of practice so again we will text a couple of days before their hair appointment offering at a reduced rate.

So far so good but I may pinch your idea and get some posters up as I am also learning other NVQ2 beauty related topics.

Thank you for sharing

Last edited:
Aww. There will be more info released soon with the makeup stands and will be doing road shows so everyone can come play with the products, hear about the brand and have the chance to get great deals xx

I have pinched your idea.

This is what I have just made up.

Gonna post it on FB and email to my mailing list this week sometime, also print it out and pop it on the reception desk in an A4 acrylic holder I have.

:)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351974962.868489.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351974962.868489.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 169
Thank you so much for sharing this idea, it looks brilliant. I am also going to try it to get more business in. :hug:

So glad my idea will help you all and the poster looks great! Got another £200 in for next week already by close of work today so that's great. Xx

I'm going to be relaunching my beauty business in December and this is a fabulous idea thank you so much and I hope everyone gets lots of booking xxx

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek

Me and a new beauty therapist started at a salon on the same day and are doing similar, getting us both new clients xoxo

Now up an extra £200 this week (on top of what was previously booked) and I have only been open since 9am today! This idea really is working well for us and hope it helps everyone who needs extra pounds coming in.

Latest posts

Back