Marvel-lash glue - why is this bad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starholistics

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been practicing like mad with the glue that came in my kit which was useless - it applied well but lasted about 3 days before lashes came off without natural lash, which was ideal for practice but not so good for confidence levels. I bought some ultra type glue and also a bottle of marvel lash glue. The ultra glue seems not to want to grab the lashes easily and I was getting frustrated until I tried the marvel-lash glue on a strip (my daughter was getting bored) and the marvel lash glue seemed much easier for me to apply.

I dont want to waste the glue by throwing it away but I have heard so many bad opinions of marvel lash here I was just wondering what the trouble was? Is it that bad that using it on a new client (who is getting it half price as an introductory offer - knowing I am newly qualified) is a no no? Did you hate the application or the time it lasted? Or something else? I know it is a bit slow to dry compared to the others and I will probably try another glue once this bottle has gone but I am reluctant to waste a whole bottle. :D

Do u mean the individual eyelash glue? I use marvel lash glue and get on fine with it, I find it lasts well too. It is slower to dry which is the only bug bear and makes me think about changing. but when u are learning u don't need to worry as u won't be that quick anyway.
This glue shouldn't be used for any lashes other than individual ones tho as it shouldn't touch the skin and is very different to usual lash adhesive!
I would never recommend using this for strip lashes!!

sorry i meant individual semi permanent lashes i was practicing with putting extensions on a strip as i was trying the glue out and had no model at that point late evening.
I just wondered how long it lasts i.e the life cycle of the lash or 3 weeks etc as I didnt want to use it on client if it doesn't last properly :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oh I see :)
Well I always book my clients for refills at 2-3 weeks and they usually have loads left! Ive had a few that didn't last long but they were clients who admitted not looking after them/pulling them etc...
I have had a client who didn't come back for 5 weeks and she still had loads!! I didn't expect her to have any!
I think the glue is (mainly) as good as the lasher and the client. I'm very thorough with going through aftercare, even on repeat clients, and if they look after the lashes they really last!
Like I say, the only thing I find with the glue is its slow to dry, which is worse on hot days, but while you are training it will be fine.
Just a bit of advice, I keep my glue in the fridge as I had a pot go 'off' when I left it in a warm room, and this also keeps it from going on too thick so there's less clumping x
Good luck! Hope u enjoy lashing, I love it! X

thank you! that was basically all i needed to know. I am enjoying lashing find it quite meditative

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back