Massage and Holistic Therapies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam c

Reaction score
I am going to do my anatomy and physiology in september and was hoping to do some reading up on it beforehand as I would like to be prepared, can anyone recommend a book that is suitable for nvq or vtct level. I really want to do massage and holistic therapies and would like to learn as much as possible so any tips I would be grateful for. Thanks

Look out for books by Helen mcGuiness, they are written for NVQ3 so will have a similar format to your VTCT when you do it.

Before rushing out and getting any expensive books, wait until you start as there all always some on their book list that you must have. Other than that go to the library and just get any books that seem vaguely relevant and also have a look in local charity shops and on ebay. I have got some very good bargains this way. The is loads of ifo on the internet, this is a good site for basic A & P
BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind

hey hun im not a skin geek but hopefully will be soon! lol

i would reccommend you speak to the people who will be teaching your course and see what text book they would reccommend then have alook on auction sites,amazon etc hth hun and good luck with your course

x

Hello! I am also venturing into the holistic world although I am already in it but am going to do the VCTC course, I don't plan to do any research as I found I did this with the beauty and got there and then it was a bit different, so I am going unprepared which maybe a good or bad thing. I don't know, but I know I will be doing A & P and the three treatments reflexology, swedish massage and aromatherapy. So giddy to learn these new skills!

Hello! I am also venturing into the holistic world although I am already in it but am going to do the VCTC course, I don't plan to do any research as I found I did this with the beauty and got there and then it was a bit different, so I am going unprepared which maybe a good or bad thing. I don't know, but I know I will be doing A & P and the three treatments reflexology, swedish massage and aromatherapy. So giddy to learn these new skills!

ive applied for a VTCT level 3 massage route course i would have to learn the A&P if i get accepted wouldnt i?

x

I had a book called anatomy and physiology for holistic therapists. It was great and had loads of crosswords so that you could test yourself or diagrams that you could label and then check with the page before.

I was very general and it covered a lot of the basic stuff like the bones and the muscles in depth. I used it to help me revise for tests and the exam so I thought it was a good investment. I cant remember who wrote it though.

I would wait and see what the course suggests though as there was another anatomy book that I bought as it had the word basic in the title but I think it was written more for nurses or doctors as it went way higher than the course covered.

Hope you enjoy your course.

I had a book called anatomy and physiology for holistic therapists. It was great and had loads of crosswords so that you could test yourself or diagrams that you could label and then check with the page before.

I was very general and it covered a lot of the basic stuff like the bones and the muscles in depth. I used it to help me revise for tests and the exam so I thought it was a good investment. I cant remember who wrote it though.

quote]

I have this book too. It is by Francesca Gould.
I would definately recommend it.

Latest posts

Back