Massage booked for later, just read some bad reviews

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo@tranquil

Reaction score
So my husband has booked us a night away tonight, I am working a couple of hours this morning and then were off.
He booked a Groupon deal which was a real bargain for bed and breakfast in a spa hotel. So I though I wood book myself in for a massage which is £50, so more than we paid for the hotel.
I made the mistake to look on trip advisor last night and people have ranged from its awful can not call it a spa, to its ok but nothing great, treatments not worth the money is another comment.
Now I am nervous about it, I guess I am expecting a rubbish massage now. Can't cancel as its today, and I wouldn't like that in my salon. Can I complain if its poor?
Poor girl getting me as a client ! Lol oh well I may get a surprise !

I think you need to go with a clear mind, if i go somewhere with negative thoughts i'm constantly looking out for something to go wrong. I think give it a chance, it's a night away and time to unwind, if it's rubbish then wait till the weekend is over and complain. People will always make the effort to write a bad review but people are lazy when it comes to writing a good review. Also I think these bad reviewers forget how much they are paying, when we used to rent out our cottage for holiday lets in wales we used to always get good reviews and then we had one couple complain because there wasn't wifi, there was only board games and no games consoles for the kids to play, there was no landline.... these people were staying by the beach for a week and it was one of the hottest weeks that summer?! The cottages with all this stuff available were about £100-200 more a week, people always want luxury for pound shop prices so bare that in mind when you are reading those reviews and have a good time, it's about the attitude you go with and company you take to whether you have a good time or not :D

Trip Advisor has to be one of the most dangerous websites ever ... LOL

Whatever it is you may be searching for, it will always come up with the good reviews and bad reviews but at the end of the day, it's just one person's opinion and you really shouldn't take too much notice.

I personally have always been pleasantly surprised after reading negative reviews, so my advice would be to go ahead with your plans as normal, and make your decisions afterwards.

By the way though, a Salon Professional will always looks at everything salon associated with a more than critical eye, so that's pretty normal :eek:

Also, you never know who is reviewing. It could be a competitor! Try and enjoy :)

Thankyou All ! I feel a bit better now, desperately need to relax so time away is needed.
I will let you know ! X

My friends booked a holiday and then told me where we were going, so I checked online and low and behold.... Awful reviews! Not much choice of food, not much entertainment, rude staff etc... I was gob smacked to find 2 huge areas in the restraunt covered with hot meals that changed daily with about 30 things to choose from on each, an area that made pizza's to your order in front of you, a pasta bar, Italian bar, soup area, salad area, a desert section with fruits, some I knew and some I can't tell you the name of, cakes, ice creams, puddings, you name it. And for the first time in my life I seen a bakery in a restraunt with a choice of about 10
Different breads baked about 10 minutes before. Then there was the on site pizzeria, a la carte restraunt, beach bar which done burgers chips fish etc... Pool bar that had similar.
No food choice?
To think there was 600 rooms and a lot of kids the entertainment staff whisked them to one side and done activities all day, 4 pools, one kids one (there's now 5 pools and a water park), a kids play park, a zoo, horse riding and stables, tennis courts, private beach, a quad bike range and nightly live cabaret shows. No entertainment?
I found one member of staff odd... In saying that he found me attractive and wouldn't let me pass until I kissed him on the cheek (luckily a few people my group had met were close by and the largest of the lot came over and asked why I was taking so long then reported to the manager who got the staff to apologise to me), the other staff couldn't do enough for me, carry my drinks to my table, reserve sunbeds, hold seats at the cabaret shows, fold and put away my clothes, the poolside staff spent time sitting with us talking, the night entertainers wouldn't go to bed until last guest went (we had to get in lift to pretend like we were going because we could see he was exhausted), and the entertainment manager spent a good few hours talking with us and having a laugh teaching each other welsh and Arabic swear words. I can't remember what ahjaja means but cover your eyes when you read it lol.

The country was scary as hell, we left the complex once as it was too dangerous to go out but didn't feel bored once and really recommend it to family's where the parents want to chill and to younger people who want to party (9 bars one nightclub in the hotel).

The reviews were a complete lie. And in a fussy person haha xoxo

People only really take time to right a review if their not happy

Tomme, really wanted to go there until your last paragraph (not leaving complex - I'm a feerty cat)

Anyway in Italy last year, second night in. Looking for a nice restaurant, something special. Used trip advisor, praise couldn't have been better, so we strolled down , from arrival the service was questionable and steadily declined till we got out. Concept wonderful but it really didn't work for us. The staff were exceptionally rude and didn't seem to mind? I was always gong to pop a negative review on but I never quite got round to it, too much good took its place.

-1 for Trip Advisor.

Ps- how was your massage?

P x

Tomme, really wanted to go there until your last paragraph (not leaving complex - I'm a feerty cat)

Anyway in Italy last year, second night in. Looking for a nice restaurant, something special. Used trip advisor, praise couldn't have been better, so we strolled down , from arrival the service was questionable and steadily declined till we got out. Concept wonderful but it really didn't work for us. The staff were exceptionally rude and didn't seem to mind? I was always gong to pop a negative review on but I never quite got round to it, too much good took its place.

-1 for Trip Advisor.

It may have changed since the riots but seriously you don't feel a need to leave, there was too much going on there. There's not much to do outside as you can't take photos of much, if there is a flag, a picture of the president or a guard by a building you can't photograph it.

First photo is from the bar in the sea of the hotel complex. All 3 buildings are the hotel.
Second is by the pond, a sunbed area.
Third is of 2 of the pools, the view from my room. The design of the complex is that every room has a sea view and a pool view and can also see the front gardens. Some can even see the zoo.
I'd go back, and know to take less money as you don't need to leave xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363535788.036914.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363535788.036914.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 114
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363535829.738189.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363535829.738189.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 108
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363535877.676669.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363535877.676669.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 107
Oops forgot the spa lol and looked for the price and its £500 per person give or take for may all inclusive. Xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363537140.008699.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363537140.008699.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 110
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363537149.894594.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363537149.894594.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 113
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363537157.864830.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363537157.864830.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 100
Just back !
I was actually pleasantly surprised, our room was big, clean, comfy bed great views over the golf range.
The leisure facility's were a bit disappointing and in need of some TLC.
Apparently the hotel has just been taken over and it gradually being over hauled hence doing the Groupon deal to get people back.
My massage was excellent, in fact my back is a bit tender today as she really did a deep tissue massage. My only things I didn't like was a cold bed, and the massage was £50 for 55 mins they booked on the hour so felt a little rushed after and no water !
Breakfast was great !
All in all a good weekend, oh and the meal last night was to die for ! (Not at the hotel)
:lol:

Latest posts

Back