Massage in school

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
On gmtv this morning they had a school where the children massage eachother before they start their school day.How lovely.Evidently they have improved their behavior and are a lot calmer.It is also seen as a good way to prevent bullying.
Of course these were infants.I cant imagine it would work very well with secondary school children.

That's really interesting, There's a montessori in the same building as me and I was going to approach them about toddler massage mum & me mornings....I think baby reflexology is taking off as well.

I know when we have kids they'll be massaged morning, noon and night.

I massaged both my children as babies can't say it worked for my son as i didnt have one full nights sleep until he was 4.
He is now 12 and the testosterone is kicking in and sometimes he gets really mad with frustration if somethings not going his way or if he can't do something, i massage his shoulders and head just for a couple of minutes or so and it really calms him down it stops him slamming the doors and kicking something.
I like it that i can still touch him i think there comes a point especially with boys when they feel too old to be cuddled anymore and once you lose that physical contact its hard to get it back and i think its so imprtant.

My boys are 15 and 11 and love to get massaged!
My 15 year old is autistic and when he was having his occupational therapy a few years ago, his OT told me to look into reflexology and massage. Apparently, deep massage is extremely beneficial for children with autism or ADHD. It certainly works for my son.....he especially likes his feet being done! My 11 year old is not too old yet, he still enjoys a head-rub (maybe I should go on an Indian Head Massage course?):)

My boys are 15 and 11 and love to get massaged!
My 15 year old is autistic and when he was having his occupational therapy a few years ago, his OT told me to look into reflexology and massage. Apparently, deep massage is extremely beneficial for children with autism or ADHD. It certainly works for my son.....he especially likes his feet being done! My 11 year old is not too old yet, he still enjoys a head-rub (maybe I should go on an Indian Head Massage course?):)

I'd heard this too. Apparently there are some special needs schools that bring in a massage therapist as it seems to help the children. One of my clients is a special needs teacher - I'll ask her if she knows anything about it next time I see her.

I'd heard this too. Apparently there are some special needs schools that bring in a massage therapist as it seems to help the children. One of my clients is a special needs teacher - I'll ask her if she knows anything about it next time I see her.

Thanks hun, that would be fab!:hug:

My daughter did this at school a couple of years ago. They were encouraged to do it after the lunch break to help calm down. She definatly enjoyed it and all 3 of mine love having massage at home.

They introduced this to my kids school and they love it, it's great when they come home and ask me if I want a massage, they have their own words for petrissage etc

Latest posts

Back